24 Jul Java Application Developer – Ecommerce
Job #2148: Chameleon Technologies is looking for a dedicated and experienced Java Application Developer to join a development team in Issaquah, WA. You will participate in and lead design sessions, code new features for various projects to support, and expand the company’s international E-Commerce platform. The right candidate will be asked to play the role of development lead on projects, to ensure delivery of high quality artifacts, to adhere and follow our SDLC. This is an excellent opportunity to work on a global E-Commerce application for a well-known Fortune 50 company.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Develops features for a global E-Commerce website.
- Creates conceptual and detailed technical design documents.
- Provides accurate and timely estimates (work breakdown schedules).
- Designs and develops relational database applications.
- Documents and executes unit and integration tests.
- Defines and implements standards and best practices for software development.
- Participates in code review sessions as a coordinator, owner, reader, recorder or observer.
- Supports the needs and requirements of other I.S. departments.
- Provides 3rd-level application support for production installed components.
- Assists in other areas of the department and company as necessary.
Required skills, abilities, and certifications:
- Minimum 4 years experience developing in a distributed application environment.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a development lead on major projects.
- Must have experience programming with J2EE development stack, preferably on IBM WebSphere Commerce platform.
- Must have working knowledge of Java, EJB, JMS, JSP, Web Services, SOAP, and XML technologies.
- Experience programming in one major database: DB2, MS SQL, or Oracle.
- Strong knowledge of object oriented concepts and applied UML experience.
- Must have experience leading at least one project through a formal software development lifecycle.
- Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work with all management levels.
- Must have high integrity, accountability, a positive attitude, and be willing to do what it takes to make the team successful.
- Must have proven ability to manage priorities and timelines.
- Must have proven ability to provide project estimates and work-breakdown schedules.
- Must be extremely responsive, able to work under pressure in crisis with a strong sense of urgency.
- Responsible, conscientious, organized, self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyze for potential future issues.
- 24/7 on call responsibilities on a rotational basis.
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications:
- Experience programming in DB2 and/or MS SQL Server is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with IBM development tools preferred.
- Previous e-Commerce experience preferred.
- Previous experience working in a Service Oriented (SOA) environment preferred.
Apply for this Now