14 Sep Manufacturing Test Engineer
Job #2194: We are looking for a Manufacturing Test Engineer for a contract role in Bellevue. The Manufacturing Test Engineer’s primary function is the development and maintenance of functional test equipment used in the manufacturing of the company’s products. The test equipment ensures our products are designed and built according to functional and quality specifications. The Manufacturing Test Engineer is a key member and contributor of the development teams, insuring the testability and manufacturability of our products.
- Reviews engineering designs and documentation (electronic and electro-mechanical test specifications, schematics, BOMs, board layout) for completeness, clarity, manufacturability and testability.
- Defines test strategies, analyzes new product testability and delivers test solutions to manufacturing.
- Manages the design, development, construction, validation and commissioning of electro-mechanical test fixtures for production line testing.
- Development of test apparatus and methods to insure that product functionality meets design and quality specifications. Defines what test process is needed based on the product definition.
- Support the introduction of new products into manufacturing. Establish test processes and procedures, create test documentation.
- Utilizes test instruments to test functional performance of parts, sub-assemblies and modules.
- Compile, asses and analyze production test data.
- Support manufacturing and quality assurance partners with root cause analysis on test and quality issues.
- Provide first line technical support to manufacturing with focus on test equipment and related software.
- Maintain production test fixtures.
Preferred Skills, Education, And Experience:
- 7+ years’ experience in a similar role. Will consider less experience but the preference is someone with 7+ that can mentor others.
- BS/BA in related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. EE highly desired but not required.
- Familiar with database technology(JSON, etc.) and scripting languages (Python, LabVIEW, C#).
- Strong technical knowledge in electronic product testing, manufacturing processes and techniques related to electronics and electro-mechanical assembly.
- Understanding of Functional Test (manual and automated test methodologies).
- Experience in testing and debugging PCBAs to the component level, sub-assemblies and full system integration.
- Experience understanding statistical analysis and working with BI tools.
- Gage R&R/ANOVA experience.
- Effective communication skills. Ability to present clear and concise information and to tailor information to the needs of the audience.
- Ability to communicate in and comprehend both written and spoken English language for the purpose of understanding training/direction, generate and interpret documentation and to effectively communicate with domestic and international business associates.
- Ability to function and contribute in a team environment and the ability to mentor a small team of other test engineers (not a lead but must be comfortable mentoring).
- SixSigma experience desired.
- Demonstrate strong initiative and ability to work in a self-directed environment with minimal supervision.
- Work well in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Excellent time management skills and commitment to meet deadlines.
Apply for this Now