06 Jul Principal – ICT
Job #2140: Chameleon Technologies is searching for a Principal Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Regional Leader for an FTE role in the Seattle area. This person contributes to the overall strategic and tactical leadership of our Buildings group ICT discipline in Buildings offices within the Puget Sound region representing around 15 ICT consultants. This position will lead strategic projects, be client facing, contribute to project delivery standards and work processes, provide quality control, workload forecasting and financial performance accountability. The ICT Principal leader contributes to differentiating our company from other competing firms and positions our company, and its ICT staff as innovators in the industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
People and Practice Management – approximately 25% of time
- In collaboration with BC leadership and other ICT leaders, develop annual budgets for sales, topline revenue, training, utilization and project performance for the Buildings ICT group.
- In conjunction with others stakeholders, identify and forecast staff needs and assignments based on current and projected workload and SME requirements.
- Hold project team members accountable for deliverables and best practices.
- Directly manage up to 15 ICT staff in a performance management environment, and be responsible for hiring as required.
- Responsible for the financial performance, quality control processes, and project delivery for ICT projects.
- Ensure PM compliance with best practices, including our PM Frameworks.
Project Involvement – approximately 50% of time
- Work with PM's and SME’s to on key projects to develop and deliver client drawings, specifications, presentations, reports, and other deliverables.
- Provide senior project client facing leadership on key projects and for key accounts.
- Periodically act as a QC reviewer on ICT projects.
Technical Leadership – approximately 10% of time
- Maintain awareness of operational, technical or regulatory changes within the ICT and AEC overall, disseminate such knowledge to staff and firm, and integrate into existing processes and standards.
- Maintain and update ICT specifications, technical documentation and standards.
- Oversee ICT design delivery process and best practices and coordinate with other disciplines.
- Provide oversight for ICT staff’s education and certification process & balance firm, studio and staff needs.
Business Development/Marketing – approximately 10% of time
- Contribute to the development of strategic and tactical business development and marketing plans for the ICT group and align with firm-wide ICT goals and strategies.
- Develop new and maintain existing client relationships.
- Develop presentation materials and present to clients and at strategic industry events.
- Represent the firm through published articles, public speaking engagements and attendance at industry and community events, meetings, and conferences.
- Develop project proposals.
- Assist the marketing department with the development of ICT marketing materials and content.
Learning/Maintaining and Expanding Technical and Managerial Skills – approximately 5% of time
- Maintains current knowledge of technologies and trends impacting our core service offerings and markets and continually strengthens skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Outstanding client service skills with ability to lead practice members in consistently delivering an exceptional standard of service to every client.
- Strong managerial skills; with ability to hire, engage, develop, and retain top-tier talent.
- Strong business acumen with ability to identify, develop and map strategy, prepare, interpret and manage budgets, and analyze business results.
- Business development skills with ability to identify and develop prospects, nurture key relationships, cross-sell services, negotiate, and engage business.
- Deep knowledge of ICT technologies and systems design, and the ability to communicate effectively about them to non-technical project stakeholders. Systems include voice and data cabling infrastructure, electronic security, wireless systems, audio/video systems, nurse call, fire alarm, building automation.
- Comprehensive understanding of building project components, project management and delivery systems; ability to continuously evaluate and refine processes to increase efficiency and client satisfaction.
- Outstanding consulting skills; with ability to present a credible, engaging image in keeping with our high service standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and polished presentation and public speaking skills.
Experience, Education, and Certification:
- Bachelors' degree in related field plus 15+ years related professional experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated skills.
- Experience delivering ICT consulting to Architects and Owners in diverse markets including healthcare, commercial, data center, higher education, life sciences, civic and government.
- RCDD certification required.
- Training and professional experience in project management.
- Client consulting experience.
- Proven track record of hiring, developing, managing, and retaining top talent.
Apply for this Now