10 Oct Security Engineer
Job #2213: We are searching for a Security Engineer for an FTE position in Bellevue, WA. This role is for a person that is collaborative, technically skilled, and wants to make a difference every day. You will work in a challenging, global manufacturing environment with direct responsibility for tools, platforms and processes supporting in order to secure our infrastructure, data and identities. You will provide input, feedback and mentorship to Information Technology colleagues and Information Security peers. Interfacing with Enterprise Architecture, System, Network, Application and Database administrators to assist in managing information security tools and processes is common.
- Advise: You will advise IT team members on emerging threats to our company, and the current security posture. The Director, Information Security will depend upon your technical expertise and understanding of security practices and processes on a daily basis.
- Operate: In close collaboration with the other technical security team members, you will be responsible for the daily operation of the tools, platforms and processes that secure our infrastructure, data and identities. Continuous monitoring, vulnerability management, event response, and security assessment are built into the pillars of the Security System and within your direct responsibility.
- Implement: Design and implement security solutions that measurably improve our security posture. You will work closely with IT to align proposed security systems with IT capabilities.
- Conduct: Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above. Live by your word and commitments to others. Understand and live by our company ethics and business conduct policies.
- Proven work experience as a system security engineer, information security engineer, or as a IT system administrator, network engineer, or similar positions.
- Experience operating security systems in identity and access management, threat and vulnerability management, security operations, or similar disciplines.
- Solid understanding of wired and wireless network security principles and tools.
- Good technical knowledge of database and operating system security.
- Experience in security operations, including firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, anti-virus software, event management, content filtering, etc.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Able to communicate orally and in writing, using common tools such as Word and PowerPoint.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems and 2 years security engineer experience or minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience or minimum 6 years of professional experience as an IT engineer or administrator or application developer.
- Additional experience in IT generally, TCP/IP networking, system administration and server engineering is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Threat & Vulnerability Management tools and processes, including assessment, prioritization, remediation and testing are required.
- Security Information and Event Management tools and processes are required.
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) tools and processes, at least directory servers and identity lifecycles, are required. Knowledge of identity and access governance and IAM technology is a plus.
- Experience with the following technologies is a plus:
- Network and endpoint forensics tools
- IT-GRC platforms
- Cloud access security brokers
- User and entity behavioral analytics tools
- Authentication and authorization tools
- Mobile device and application management platforms
Apply for this Now