16 Oct Software Design Engineer 3
Job #2216: Chameleon Technologies is searching for a couple of experienced Software Design Engineers for a contract role in Bellevue, WA. Do you want to work on the leading edge of simulation, deep learning and reinforcement learning research? Does building AI for autonomous systems such as self-flying drones or self-driving cars excite you? If so, then we have an amazing rare opportunity for you! You will be developing software programs of a complex nature, including operating systems, applications and/or network products. You will develop project plans, functional specifications and schedules for these products. You will also design and perform analysis on complex programs and systems and assist in determining product requirements, technical specifications, and enhancements.
You will work together with world-class researchers and engineers to help advance the state of the art in AI. Our group has been a pioneer in recognizing the importance of the simulation in AI and perception and successfully shipped an open source simulation platform, which has become widely popular in the community worldwide. We are looking for engineers with a passion for research and awesome coding chops to help move forward our mission on advancing boundaries of what is possible.
As a software design engineer, you will be part of small team wearing many hats and encountering new technical problems that might require you to learn completely new areas frequently, assimilate state of the art through reading research papers and quickly ramp up on new tools and technologies you hadn’t worked with before. One day you may be thinking about implementing lidar simulation and other day you might be debugging deep learning models. You should be comfortable with ideas spanning multiple areas, navigating the technical complexity and managing your day without lots of hand holding. You should be obsessed with good engineering practices and excited about shipping research artifacts with long lasting impact.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams, which lie at the intersection of ML, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and Video Gaming to further develop existing projects, brain storm new ideas, provide feedback, design and implement solutions.
- Using our existing platforms, you'll take ideas and concepts to implement proof-of-concepts which push the envelope of our efforts.
- Stay up to date with research trends, take self-initiatives in innovations and explorations, evaluate projects and approaches by other groups, advance the boundaries of what is possible!
- Strong coding C++, some simulator/robotics
- 7-10 + years of experience preferred in SDE
- Familiarity with Python and C# coding
- AI and machine learning
- Experience in applied machine learning and deep learning
- Relevant experience over degree
Apply for this Now