02 Aug Sr. Electrical Engineer
Job #2155: We are looking for a Sr. Electrical Engineer for an FTE role in Redmond, WA. This person will be a member of the Research & Development engineering team, developing board/system designs for next generation, or next iteration, of biomedical devices. They will also design and/or lead the design of complex electronic components and circuits to meet the product design requirements for new, or existing products. The work includes the design, fabrication, modification, test, and documentation of electronic components, circuits and systems for use in biomedical devices.
They will work under limited direct supervision in the application of standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques. They will provide solutions to a variety of problems, demonstrate knowledge of current technical and recent advancements and contribute to the product design, or iteration, from planning and concept phase through verification/qualification. Lastly, they will need to work well as part of a cross functional team and provides technical support for the team to solve complex problems.
- Execute electronic circuit and/or component designs of moderate to complex mixed signal circuits, including feasibility assessment, part selection, schematics, simulation, performing or guiding PCB layout, board bring-up & test, software integration, design for EMC and manufacturability (DFM).
- Researches, develops, designs, tests, and documents electrical components, equipment and systems.
- Recommends design modifications as indicated by analysis, test and usage.
- Independently determines and developes solutions to solve complex engineering problems.
- Utilize electronic lab test equipment, such as logic analyzers and oscilloscopes to debug circuit and system issues.
- Implements and/or reviews engineering documentation of high complexity.
- Translate system performance and operational specifications into electrical plans, requirements, designs and verification plans and protocols.
- Conduct root cause analysis and risk analysis, developing and implementing corrective actions.
- Works with cross functional teams teams to reach consensus on difficult system-level tradeoffs to solve issues.
- Directs and/or assists designers at contracted or partner companies and affiliated organizations.
- Complete and maintain all required quality system training and comply with all quality system procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5 years directly related experience.
- Experience and success with concept-to-production engineering, including high-level design, detailed design, schematic entry, simulation, layout management, prototype assembly logistics, board bring-up, lab debugging, system integration, design verification, and manufacturing handoff.
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field of electrical engineering, including but not limited to power supplies, precision low-level analog designs, A/D and D/A converters, battery chargers and monitor circuits, microcontroller/microprocessors, and programmable logic designs.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven.
- Time and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience with eCentral or other product lifecycle management tools.
- Knowledge of the IEC 60601-x standards.
- Experience with signal processing, algorithm development, and data analysis.
- Experience with Cadence SPB, or equivalent, for schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Experience with circuit simulations tools.
- Proficient with MS Office tools.
- Experience with electromechanical embedded system design, including packaging for portability and ruggedness.
- Experience with embedded software design.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and ability to follow, good electrical development processes.
- At least three years experience developing products in a regulated industry such as medical or avionics, including demonstrated design experience in safety-critical hardware design.
Apply for this Now