15 Oct Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Posted at 00:00h in
Job #2215: We are looking for a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer for a contract role on the eastside. This person:
- Works with periodic supervision under the direction of Operations Management and/or with Project Leaders.
- Will work with NPI/NPD Team, Design Engineering, Quality Assurance, Purchasing, and other cross-functional groups in order to develop the manufacturing processes.
- Uses modern engineering methods and various analytical tools to reduce flow time, incorporate upgraded manufacturing technology, improve quality, reduce variability, and reduce the risk of personal injury.
- Work with Contract Manufacturer in supporting manufacturing and test transfer from local manufacturing to offsite manufacturing
- Responsible for resolving manufacturing issues from root cause to the most apparent symptoms
- Participate in the development and implementation of reliable methods, working across functional groups
- Develop and implement new manufacturing processes and concepts
- Develop and maintain process documentation
- Train assemblers in manufacturing processes
- Justify, specify, order and coordinate the installation and qualification of tooling and equipment
- Evaluate product designs and facilitate DF(X) improvements
- Determine appropriate material presentation and packaging
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree; preferably in Manufacturing, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience in process design, development, test, and validation
- Ability to take on multiple responsibilities, change direction at a moment’s notice, and remain flexible during the development phases of the project
- Good analytical and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload
- Demonstrated communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to express technically complicated ideas and explain them to others
Apply for this Now