07 Jun Sr. Project Manager, ICT
Job #2124: Chameleon Technologies is searching for a Sr. Project Manager, ICT (Information and Communication Technology) for a fulltime role in Lynnwood. A successful candidate possesses a deep understanding and knowledge of various technology systems for the built environment including, but not limited to:
- Telecommunication services
- Voice, Data and Video transport systems
- Electronic Security systems
- Audio Visual systems
- Nurse Call/Communication systems
- Data/Wireless Network topologies
With this knowledge, you will provide leadership and apply consulting skills into each client interaction, translating client and owner requirements into the production of drawings, specifications, cost opinions, technical reports and assessments. The senior technology consultant possesses extensive Project Management experience, and understanding of the different design delivery processes found in the Architectural/Engineering/Construction industry. This position will lead and or be part of multi-disciplined design teams for various sized projects in several markets, including Healthcare, Higher Education, Commercial and Government/Military. Excellent client communication and relationship skills are required.
Client Consulting and Project Involvement – approximately 85-90% of time.
- Consult with clients on analysis of present technologies and develop solutions to client operational needs. Includes both strategic planning and development of long range plans, as well as recommend near-term improvements to existing voice and data communications systems.
- Prepare written recommendations and reports to clients.
- Applies buildings engineering and project management knowledge while leading cross-functional resources to meet project requirements within established timeframes and budgets.
- Holds project team members accountable for deliverables.
- Meets technical, contractual, schedule, budgetary and client service objectives for each project.
- Applies strong technical skills, experience and knowledge to the design and oversight of the design, for building projects.
- Manages and plans the production resources and workflow to produce the design documentation and drawings for ICT projects.
- Maintains a holistic view of complex technical solutions being designed and implemented by teams of engineers.
- Provides site inspection and implementation management for technology systems.
- Represents clients in communications with government agencies, commercial organizations and healthcare organizations.
- Periodically acts as QC reviewer on projects.
Business Development/Marketing – approximately 2-5% of time.
- Nurtures existing client relationships.
- Proactively represents firm on a local and regional level as a recognized technical expert in the industry, and pursues opportunities for new business.
- Develops and delivers client presentations.
Staff Management and Development – approximately 5-10% of time (depending on number of direct reports).
- Collaborates with the ICT Leader on staffing, workforce planning and the hiring process.
- Shares knowledge with others by serving as a trainer and resource.
- Directly manages and mentors others; engaging, developing, and retaining top talent.
- Conducts in-house training for area of technical expertise.
Learning/Maintaining Technical Skills – approximately 2% of time.
- Maintains awareness of operational, technical or regulatory changes and improvements within government, commercial and healthcare environments and the information transport industry relating to communication systems.
- Gathers and develops materials as a Subject Matter Expert and shares expertise with peers and coworkers. Develops and maintains reference materials related to their area of expertise. Prepares white papers and articles for industry publication on technical issues.
- Develops standards documentation and boilerplate documents, and develops and performs quality control documentation.
- Proactively pursues additional knowledge in related disciplines by attending available in house and external training.
Studio and Firm meetings, initiatives, and projects – approximately 1% of time.
- Attends in-house project meetings.
- Actively participates in meetings, initiatives, and projects that support studio and firm-wide goals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Deep understanding and knowledge of, voice/data systems, low voltage systems for the built environment, IT/telecommunications, wireless systems, electronic security systems and audio visual systems.
- Demonstrated expertise in planning, design, and optimization of complex networks in a variety of healthcare, enterprise and government environments. Fluent in best practice design techniques and planning methodology
- Strong knowledge of applicable codes and Technology standards (NEC, BICSI, TIA, etc.).
- Ability to integrate design elements with other disciplines to deliver a coordinated design.
- Skill in researching and writing technical papers and reports and effectively communicating the information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communications skills and client or customer service experience/skills. Ability to effectively communicate in written and oral form and able to comprehend complex oral and written direction.
- Ability to explain complex problems and issues in understandable terms to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong understanding and experience with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and operate within critical time lines. Applies logic, reasoning, and organizational skills to structure concepts and ideas into deliverables.
- Maintains a high degree of competency and familiarity within the industry with respect to products, services, and standards.
- Capable of managing several project assignments concurrently.
- Meets or exceeds project goals and expectations and project performance metrics.
- Attention to detail.
- Functional knowledge of recent versions of AutoCAD; in particular, AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to manage, motivate, coach and direct staff of varying levels and skillsets.
Experience, Education, and Certification:
- Bachelors' degree in related field plus 10+ years related professional experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated skills.
- Training and professional experience in project management.
- Extensive owner-directed consulting experience.
- People management experience.
- RCDD certification.
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
- Project Management Professional certification.
- Related certifications (CCNA, NNCP, CCIE, CTS-D, DCDC, etc.).
- Successful history of collaboration and teaming with contractors on Design-Build projects.
Travel is required to meet engagement/client requirements. Travel scope may include regional, national or international based on the contracted requirements. To meet this requirement, a valid drivers license and a clean driving record is necessary for this position. This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available.
Apply for this Now