Lead Backend Software Engineer
Job #2350: Chameleon Technologies is searching for a strong cloud engineer for a position in Nashville, TN. Our client is looking to build a cloud infrastructure and machine learning capability to help transform the legal industry, taking something that is truly analog and transforming it to completely digital, enabling our talent to provide a higher level of value added services by removing the mundane.
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Software Developer to join us as we build brand new products that will shake up one of the only remaining industries to have gone largely unchanged for the last 100 years. This is an opportunity to get involved in creating and designing new systems and software, use technology to create force multipliers for our already outstanding teams, and to innovate and roll out brand new software!
We have seen the future, and it is the cloud, machine learning, and AI. As we grow, we will build our systems in the cloud using the best of the best in an innovative way fully utilizing emergent cloud architectures.
This is where you come in! We’re looking for a cloud pro with a strong business mind who knows how to deliver results. You’re qualified and experienced in all things cloud. More than that, you want to stay at the forefront of distributed computing. You understand NoSQL, Infrastructure as Code, Test Driven Development, and DevOps. You love the business impact of technologies.
If you join us, you’ll have the support you need to make to take this journey. The team is full of people who are savvy, innovative, passionate, smart, creative, diligent, and occasionally hilarious, and they’ll be with you every step of the way. Join us!
This role reports to our Director of Engineering.
We strive to build a fun, fast-paced dynamic team environment. As a Senior Backend Software Development Engineer, you will:
- Innovate, design, and develop software that ties back to the business and furthers our mission of improving the way legal services are provided across the globe; this will include writing a lot of code for brand new products.
- Drive and inform the overall development life cycle for a suite of products; Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments for greenfield products.
- Have a “Cloud First” mentality when developing solutions; stay current on the latest technologies and bring creative ideas to new problems and a fresh mind to old ones.
- Take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Communicate and partner with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and determine technical designs.
- Work hand in hand with our Technical Product team to drive toward successful outcomes.
- Maintain a commitment to professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Design and create customer engagement and product road maps.
- Motivate, encourage, coach, and guide junior team members to do their best work.
- Identify priorities and drive toward them with an unwavering passion.
The ideal candidate will have most of the following:
- 5-7+ years of developing software with multiple languages like Java and C#, ideally in SOA applications.
- Extensive knowledge about APIs; ability to design RESTful services and integrate with other data providers.
- Experience with cloud services (ideally AWS and GCP); intuition and ability to spot and avoid “gotchas” and potential problems; a proven track record and ability to set up a geographically redundant service in the cloud.
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks; experience with different databases, including working knowledge of SQL, relational data stores — and NoSQL databases.
- A commitment to best practices. We’ll want your opinions on operational processes, DevOps, continuous integration, continuous testing, continuous deployments, and more!
- Legal eligibility to work in the U.S.
Apply for this Now