Software Engineer, Framework
Job# 2363: Chameleon Technologies is searching for a Software Engineer for a client in Seattle. Our client provides best-in-class network visibility and security to industries ranging from healthcare to payment processing. They don’t just solve problems for our users, we help them rise above the noise of threats, alerts, and corporate gridlock. Our client’s products enable organizations to harness the power of their wire data and achieve true security and exceptional performance.
Our client has a global and diverse user base—they believe in actively investing in a diverse engineering organization. We are seeking technically-qualified people from all backgrounds, who offer dynamic perspectives, influences, and experiences. Are you as passionate as we are about positive culture and amazing technology? If you are, we can’t wait to chat with you.
Are you looking to make an impact? Do you love seeing your work implemented and hearing how your contributions have made a difference? ExtraHop offers an exciting, high energy, and versatile environment in which people are encouraged and supported to collaborate on industry-leading technology while they develop and enrich their individual growth. And we’re doing it with creativity, intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor (it’s required here, seriously).
- Design, develop, document, and test the functionality of ExtraHop products
- Enhance the scalability, security, and functionality of ExtraHop products
- Collaborate in an Agile environment with other cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality features on time
- Keep up-to-date with industry best practices for software development
- Review merge requests and coach engineers to ensure high-quality code
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively across internal and external teams
- Expertise with one or more of the following languages: C, Rust, C++, Java, Go, Python.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, or information technology
- 2+ years experience with software development
- Understanding of systems-level development, such as memory management, file systems, or networking
- Experience with continuous deployment and integration systems
- Experience growing and mentoring engineers
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Unix/Linux build tools, such as make
- OS components, such as init systems and package managers
- Systems-level performance optimization and debugging tools such as gdb, Linux perf profiler, VTune, and AddressSanitizer
- Building and managing containerized systems
- Database performance optimization or design
- Distributed database integration and optimization, such as Elasticsearch or Cassandra
- Common networking protocols, such as TCP/IP and TLS/SSL
- Common hardware components, such as NICs and storage (SSD, HDD, RAID)
- Kernel driver development
About Our Client:
Our client is an enterprise cyber analytics and performance monitoring company helping the world’s leading organizations understand and secure their entire environment from core to edge to cloud. Their breakthrough approach to analytics and machine learning helps our customers investigate threats, ensure the delivery of critical applications, and secure their investment in the cloud, resulting in 95% faster threat detection and reducing unplanned downtime by 86% while providing the best possible customer experience.
The client is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. They’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years, and JMP Securities put them on its 2018 Super 70 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. Credit Suisse recognized our client as a member of its inaugural Disruptive Technology Recognition Program, and SC Media named them a 2019 Industry Innovator for enterprise network traffic analysis.
With well over $100 million in bookings in 2018, and 10x growth in security, the opportunity with our client has never been greater. Are you ready to rise above the noise?
Apply for this Now