Job #2412: Chameleon Technologies is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join a Research and Development team based in Nashville, TN.
Are you passionate about building leading-edge technology that will transform an industry? Does taking one of the last analog worlds to digital get your pulse up? Is building enterprise-class solutions using the latest cloud technologies and current development best practices something you think is cool? And, finally, are you ready to be a leader in implementing technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform and NoSQL databases in a DevOps organization that insists on 100% fault tolerant code, 100% automation of tests, and infrastructure in an environment of continuous tests, continuous integration and continuous deployment?
If you like to create new solutions from scratch and follow that solution throughout all phases from production to support, we want to talk to you. If you are an independent self-starter, work well within an integrated team, have a strong sense of ownership, and are obsessed by solving customer use cases and scenarios using best practices and cloud technologies, we want to talk to you!
This position requires an understanding of enterprise best practices and customer personas. The ability to absorb new technologies, understand existing enterprise management tools, and the skill to leverage them to the maximum extent is a key component of this position. We are starting with little to go on, but endless opportunity to completely disrupt an institutional industry. We will build core Intellectual Property that will integrate with industry standards, open source capabilities, and build solutions that delight customers. The ideal candidate is very talented and passionate about disruption and reinvention. The art is the customer delight, not the code.
This is a ground-floor opportunity, and if you join the adventure, you’ll be part of a brand-new team on a mission. Help shake up one of the only remaining industries to have gone largely unchanged for the last 100 years … and have fun while you’re at it.
This role reports to our Director of Engineering who is based in Nashville.
- Responsible for the deployment, scaling, and performance of our applications through their entire lifecycle from development to production
- Play a crucial role in product scoping, roadmap, and architecture discussions
- Work closely with developers to deliver on scalable automation strategy across infrastructure products and features
- Perform daily systems monitoring as well as provide production support
- Automate the creation, maintenance, and operation of the AWS cloud environment
- Create and support the adoption of infrastructure and processes that support DevOps practices
- Ensure that each phase of the development lifecycle is automated
- Establish and maintain the infrastructure to support automated unit, system, and load testing
- Help develop solutions to manage the cost of development and test environments in the cloud
- Ensure information security best practices and policies are implemented
- Manage Deployments
- Significant experience in AWS EC2, VPC, ELB, RDS, Route 53, IAM, CloudWatch, S3, LAMBDA, EKS
- Knowledge of continuous integration with GITLab
- General operating system knowledge and the ability to question based on how things work
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Linux systems administration
- Experience with Distributed Software, Service Oriented Architecture, NoSQL database concepts
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Commitment to current best practices, continuous deployment, 100% fault tolerance, high performance, infrastructure as code, and working in a Test Driven and DevOps organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years professional experience with Node.js
- Legal eligibility to work in the U.S.