UI Software Development Engineer
Job #2413: Chameleon Technologies is seeking a UI Software Engineer to join a Research and Development team based in Bellevue, WA.
We’re seeking the strongest cloud engineers in the market. We’re looking to build our cloud infrastructure and our machine learning capability to help transform the legal industry, taking something that is truly analog and transforming it to completely digital, enabling our talent to provide a higher level of value-added services by removing the mundane.
We’re looking for a Senior UI Engineer to join us as we build brand new products that will shake up one of the only remaining industries to have gone largely unchanged for the last 100 years. This is an opportunity to get involved in creating and designing new systems and software, use technology to create force multipliers for our already outstanding teams, and to innovate and roll out brand new software!
We have seen the future, and it is the cloud, machine learning, and AI. As we grow, we will build our systems in the cloud using the best of the best in an innovative way fully utilizing emergent cloud architectures.
This is where you come in! We’re looking for a cloud pro with a strong business mind who knows how to deliver results. You’re qualified and experienced in all things cloud. More than that, you want to stay at the forefront of distributed computing. You understand NoSQL, Infrastructure as Code, Test Driven Development, and DevOps. You love the business impact of technologies.
If you join us, you’ll have the support you need to make to take this journey. The team is full of people who are savvy, innovative, passionate, smart, creative, diligent, and occasionally hilarious, and they’ll be with you every step of the way.
This role reports to our Director of Engineering who is based in Nashville.
We strive to build a fun, fast-paced dynamic team environment. As a UI Software Engineer, you will:
- Innovate, design, and develop software that ties back to the business and furthers our mission of improving the way legal services are provided across the globe; this will include writing a lot of code for brand new products.
- Drive and inform the overall development life cycle for a suite of products; Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments for greenfield products.
- Have a “Cloud First” mentality when developing solutions; stay current on the latest technologies and bring creative ideas to new problems and a fresh mind to old ones.
- Work with a team to take a project from scoping requirements through launch.
- Communicate and partner with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and determine technical designs.
- Work hand in hand with our Technical Product team to drive toward successful outcomes.
- Maintain a commitment to professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Design and create customer engagement and product road maps.
- Motivate, encourage, coach, and guide junior team members to do their best work.
- Identify priorities and drive toward them with an unwavering passion.
The ideal candidate will have most of the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
- 2+ years’ professional experience with ReactJS,
- 3+ years professional experience consuming RESTful APIs
- Built and supported applications in a production environment
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, and HTTP/HTTPS)
- A commitment to best practices. We’ll want your opinions on operational processes, DevOps, continuous integration, continuous testing, continuous deployments, and more!
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience with JWT
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Commitment to current best practices, continuous deployment, and working in a Test Driven and DevOps organization
- Automation architecture development and/or maintenance experience
- Legal eligibility to work in the U.S.