Backend Software Development Engineer 1
Job #2414: Chameleon Technologies is seeking a Software Developer to join a Research and Development team based in Nashville, TN.
Are you passionate about building leading-edge technology that will transform an industry? Does taking one of the last analog worlds to digital get your pulse up? Is building enterprise-class solutions using the latest cloud technologies and current development best practices something you think is cool? And, finally, are you ready to be a leader in implementing technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform and NoSQL databases in a DevOps organization that insists on 100% fault tolerant code, 100% automation of tests, and infrastructure in an environment of continuous tests, continuous integration and continuous deployment?
If you like to create new solutions from scratch and follow that solution throughout all phases from production to support, we want to talk to you. If you are an independent self-starter, work well within an integrated team, have a strong sense of ownership, and are obsessed by solving customer use cases and scenarios using best practices and cloud technologies, we want to talk to you!
This position requires an understanding of enterprise best practices and customer personas. The ability to absorb new technologies, understand existing enterprise management tools, and the skill to leverage them to the maximum extent is a key component of this position. We are starting with little to go on, but endless opportunity to completely disrupt an institutional industry. We will build core Intellectual Property that will integrate with industry standards, open source capabilities, and build solutions that delight customers. The ideal candidate is very talented and passionate about disruption and reinvention. The art is the customer delight, not the code.
This is a ground-floor opportunity, and if you join the adventure, you’ll be part of a brand new team on a mission. Help shake up one of the only remaining industries to have gone largely unchanged for the last 100 years … and have fun while you’re at it.
This role reports to our Director of Engineering who is based in Nashville.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
- Familiarity with node.js
- Familiarity with AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Familiarity with Relational Databases
- Familiarity with REST APIs
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Commitment to current best practices, continuous deployment, 100% fault tolerance, high performance, infrastructure as code, and working in a Test Driven and DevOps organization
- Automation architecture development and/or maintenance experience
- Legal eligibility to work in the U.S.