IT Project Management Office Manager
Job #2418: Chameleon Technologies is searching for an IT Project Management Office Manager for a client in Seattle, Washington.
Are you a seasoned and nimble project management maven and leader with a passion for partnering with technology and business stakeholders to drive projects to completion and strategic change? Do you like working in a fast moving, collaborative and supportive organization that appreciates your entrepreneurial streak? And do you enjoy managing and mentoring other project managers? Our client is looking for a PMO manager that can develop and mature their project management office to help our client achieve its strategic goals.
This position manages the IT Project Management Office (PMO) for our client which has a critical function in partnering with company leadership and business stakeholders to plan, prioritize and oversee IT Global initiatives. The PMO Manager is responsible for the overall IT Project Portfolio Governance process as well as the project management framework and project execution for all IT projects. In addition to the ownership of the PMO program and continuous improvements for this area this role also performs the critical project management responsibilities on key IT initiatives. This role also oversees the IT project manager and project coordinator roles for the organization.
The PMO Manager leads the intake process for project requests, works with project sponsors, business stakeholders, and IT managers to ensure that business cases and project charters are appropriately documented and meet project standards and practices. The PMO manager leads the IT Portfolio Governance process including planning and facilitating the monthly IT Governance approval meeting. This role also leverages the project management framework to execute IT projects through the project lifecycle to deliver business value. In addition, this role defines and executes on the continuous improvement roadmap for the PMO capabilities for the organization.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, are passionate about building a strong IT project management office that directly unlocks business value and are energized about solving problems with a great team this is the role for you.
Key Responsibilities and Activities Include:
- Accountable for managing the IT Portfolio processes including IT planning, portfolio governance, project methodology framework, and resource capacity management.
- Ensure project management standards are being executed across the IT project portfolio.
- Drive improvements into the PMO program and ensure industry best practices are leveraged.
- Perform team member supervision including performance management, career growth and development
- Create and maintain staffing plans. Ensures the team is properly trained and staffed to handle the projected workload, both from an internal staffing and external staffing support. Makes recommendations to management regarding long-term contractors and/or additions to staff.
- Analyze project proposals to determine time frame, funding limitations and appropriate process for accomplishing projects.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle, and confer with project staff to outline work plan.
- Implement project communications including project steering committee meetings and status reports
- Manage project risks and issues and implement mitigation plans.
- Ensure that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project delivers on schedule and within budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or related field.
- A minimum of 8+ years’ experience performing project management role on complex projects
- Demonstrated proficiency with project management and SDLC concepts
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred but not required
- Experience in developing change management plans and applying change management principals in multiple projects
- Experience in Business Analysis discipline
- Experience with Lean concepts and applying them in a technology environment
- Experience managing an IT Portfolio or Project Management Office.
- Experience in a supervisory or management position.
- Experience managing external partner relationships and contract staff
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal skills and organization skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to speak and write about technical issues for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet goals, asses resource needs, develop schedules, monitor and communicate status, and develop processes and procedures.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and clarify for self and others