Job #2419: Chameleon Technologies is seeking a Systems Engineer for a client in Seattle, Washington.
The Systems Engineer functions as a primary subject matter expert in every area of the clients global IT infrastructure. This is a generalist role and reports to the Manager of IT Infrastructure and Security. This person can translate business goals into technical solutions and manage medium sized multi-month projects to implement those solutions. They have or develop a deep understanding of the client’s systems and how they support the business. This person has a proven ability to learn new skills as necessary to support the needs of the business in the face of an evolving technological landscape.
Essential Job Functions:
- Research and apply appropriate solutions to a vast array of technical issues.
- Manage day to day operations of our clients Infrastructure by monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting systems.
- Provides leadership in planning and implementation of projects for computer operations and enterprise systems administration.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches and configurations.
- Automate tasks or simplify them enough that they can be delegated to others
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems implementations, business continuity needs and development efforts.
- Develop, document, and maintain policies and procedures for the clients Systems Infrastructure and Security.
- Practice asset management, including maintenance of inventory, service contracts, and warranties.
- Demonstrate technical leadership by distilling tasks into simple playbooks that can be followed by more junior Systems Administrators and Help Desk Administrators.
- Mentor other team members.
- Perform system maintenance, upgrades, and replacements during scheduled maintenance windows (weekends).
- Complete other tasks as needed.
- VMware vSphere virtualization
- Nimble storage
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- Cloud skills including Azure AD and IaaS
- MCITP/MCSE or demonstrated equivalent Windows Server and Active Directory skills
- Group policy for management of systems and automated installation of software
- Foundational understanding of network technology from layers 1-4 including SDWAN, Ethernet, iSCSI, Fiber networking, routers, firewalls, IPS, WiFi, and VLANs
- PowerShell scripting skills
- HP and Dell Servers and Storage
- 8+ years’ experience in similar/related position
- 4-year technical degree or equivalent experience
- Vendor Management (hardware and service)
- System Center Configuration Manager
- Linux Server – Oracle or RedHat
- High availability concepts including load balancing, failover, and clustering
- Inventory and Control of Hardware and Software assets
- Secure Baselines
- Vulnerability Management
- Continuous Monitoring and Anomaly Analysis
- Incident Response
- Network Boundary Defense
- Datacenter facilities (rack-mounted hardware, UPS, cooling, and environmental monitoring)
- Excellent interpersonal and English communication skills.
- Project management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working in multicultural environment.
- Detail oriented with excellent organization skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and behave ethically.
- Excellent customer service skills with a focus on customer satisfaction and responsiveness.
- Is equally comfortable working independently or as part of a team or group.
- Strong analytical skills supported by a solid understanding of technical processes
Headquartered in Seattle, WA, our client has over 1,000 employees, with offices in Shanghai, Shenzhen, San Francisco, Amsterdam, Manila, Rio de Janeiro, and Bentonville, Arkansas. The company also has ownership of three manufacturing facilities in China and Brazil. Our client reported record sales and profits this year, led by the introduction of numerous innovative and environmentally sustainable beverage and food storage solutions for consumers on the go.