Job #2428: Chameleon Technologies is searching for an IT Analyst for a contract position in Bothell, WA. The IT Analyst’s role is to ensure proper computer function and operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user problems and help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic tools and procedures and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help both at the desktop level and remotely. IT analyst will also assist with projects related to the relocation of manufacturing and lab systems and support site closure activities.
- Troubleshoot and resolve employee IT problems via telephone, e-mail, helpdesk and in person in a courteous and professional manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Prioritize, schedule and resolve problems. Escalate any unresolved problems (when required) to the appropriate analyst or team member.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Learn to support the key business applications used by the organization.
- Perform regular maintenance on IT equipment, including laptops, workstations and peripherals.
- Perform installations, configurations and upgrades to software applications and hardware.
- Perform post-resolution monitoring and follow-ups to ensure client satisfaction.
- Provide basic end-user training and instruction to improve computer operation.
- Develop guides and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
- Learn from and share information with the other members of the Service Desk team.
- Assist with IT projects related to the relocation of manufacturing and lab systems and support site closure activities.
- Ensure that all activities and interactions are carried out with the highest ethical and professional standards and that all work is accomplished with quality and in accordance with company values.
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as required by the Line Manager.
The above duties and responsibilities are not an exhaustive list and you may be required to undertake any other reasonable duties compatible with your experience and competencies. This description may be varied from time to time to reflect changing business requirements.
Education and Experience
- Strong background in customer service.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft SharePoint.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 10 & Server 2016.
- Experience with VPN, antivirus, antispyware and disk encryption technologies.
- Relevant college diploma or university degree or 3 or more years equivalent work experience.
- Extensive application support experience with Office 365 desirable.
- Knowledge of Dell computer hardware and peripheral components desirable.
- Verbal and written communication skills in additional languages (Spanish) highly desirable.
Skills and Attributes
The successful candidate will learn the following technical skills and we would expect previous exposure to some of the following areas:
- Strong communicator with the ability to update others on progress made and issues faced.
- Task orientated and able to follow instruction.
- Inquisitive by nature around new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, be self-motivated, and manage all projects and daily tasks in a high-pressure environment with little supervision.
- Exceptional customer service and delivery focus.
- Strong documentation skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and diagnostics.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to travel to various company offices as needed by line manager.