Technical Product Manager
Job #2437: Chameleon Technologies is looking for a Technical Product Manager for a client in Kirkland, WA
Our client enables our customers to quickly bring new optical products to life through their Virtual Prototyping: a collaborative workflow in which complete optical products can be simulated before ever manufacturing a part.
Since 1991, our client has been driven by people passionate about the optical design space, and that legacy continues to this day. In the last few years, they have seen dramatic growth, both in sales and headcount. The recent strategic investment by EQT Partners positions the company to triple our sales in the next 3-5 years. Headquartered in Kirkland, WA, this client has expanded sales and service support globally with operations in London, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Taipei.
Our client is a company where every employee makes an impact, and employees are their greatest assets. With this client, you get to work with a diverse group of passionate people developing tools that are changing the way optical products are designed.
Our client is looking for a product manager with strong skills in organizing, tracking and maintaining product requirements, multiple product’s backlogs and managing development cycles. As a Technical Product Manager, you are responsible for creating and maintaining the product release plan for multiple release targets and active backlog by working directly with the development team to ensure timely delivery of software. This client is evolving towards a more Agile method of development, so Agile experience will be helpful.
- Implementers who can execute on the plan to reach goal
- Detail-oriented individuals who can keep track of and manage multiple requirements and requests
- Project managers who can work with cross-functional teams, remove obstacles, and move the product forward in a timely manner
- Product managers who can interact with peers on the product and development teams to break down requirements into actionable user stories and are effective in prioritizing requirements that achieve product success in marketplace
- Persuasive influencers who can align differing views, motivate cross-functional teams, remove obstacles, ask questions, and seek understanding
- You will own the product plan, the product functionality targets for each release, active backlog and manage release plans for select products in the clients portfolio, including new products under development. The position will report to Matthew Sutton, Director of Product.
- This role is primarily an inward facing role, focused on managing the software release process.
- Engage with product team members to understand market opportunity, competitive value, work scope and prioritize features and user stories across multiple release candidates
- Break down requests into actionable user stories
- Engage with development to prioritize and schedule user stories and tasks
- Manage the sprint cadence with the development team
- Collaborate with peers on the product team to develop long term strategies and align these with a regular release cadence
- Collaborate with peers and drive release documentation
Success will look like:
- In the first year, a high performer will have accomplished the following:
- Completed defining and implementing the product management and development processes needed to support a uniform cadence of sprints and releases, as evidenced through the successful delivery of 3 major releases of OpticStudio
- Completed defining and implementing quantitative standards for product features and user stories
- Managed 3 major releases of OpticStudio to successful reception in the marketplace
- Managed 1 major release of a new product under development
- What you’ll bring:
- A four-year degree is required, with related work experience
- 3- 5 years in technical product management or project management with commercial software
- Demonstrated ability to wear many hats in a small company environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- A flexible and adaptable attitude toward responding to change
- The ability to take on extensive responsibility and excel in a small team environment