Data Science Engineering Manager
Job #2438: Chameleon Technologies is seeking a Manager of Data Science for a client in Seattle. Founded by engineers, our client is a Seattle-based technology company that delivers elegant solutions for the IT industry’s most challenging problems. The client’s system is an application-aware, real-time wire-data analytics platform that enables IT, teams, to keep network applications running at light speed. Join the engineering team and work collaboratively to solve complex problems daily.
You are a self-motivated Engineering Manager with a track record of hiring and retaining teams that deliver great products. You build talent and do it naturally while still providing leadership and process. You listen to your employees and value their opinions. You believe that great things happen when engineering teams are empowered, have clear goals and a leader that removes roadblocks. You are known for your uber organizational skills and zen-like balance to keep the team focused on priorities through the various stages of the product development cycle.
As an Engineering Manager, you will drive product initiatives and ensure that the team delivers a great product to customers. You will attract, develop and cultivate a great engineering team and the environment in order to maintain our technical leadership in the industry. You will work with the product management team to deliver on the product vision and feature priorities. You will work to see patterns, roadblocks, and issues while they are emerging, provide solutions and ensure the development process moves forward swiftly.
- A degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Physical Sciences or a related technical field
- A strong track record of performing data analysis using Python (NumPy, pandas, scikit-learn, etc.) or equivalent language and SQL
- At least 5 years of experience using statistics and analytics to solve complex problems
- Versatility and willingness to learn new technologies on the job
- Ability to write production-quality code utilizing knowledge of data structures and algorithms with Python or related programming languages
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of common software development practices around design, coding, and testing a large codebase (agile & waterfall)
- Work in a cross-functional team to research and build rich analytics into the ExtraHop system: investigate customer operation challenges, frame and structure questions, collect and analyze data, as well as summarize and present key insights in support of decision-making
- Demonstrate and share your passion and understanding of data science
- Build analytics tools to develop actionable insights using the ExtraHop system
- Contribute in all phases of development starting from the design proof of concept to laying down the scalable production code