Senior Business Systems Analyst
Job #2443: Chameleon Technologies is searching for a Senior Business Systems Analyst for a contract role in Seattle. You will perform business systems analysis and project management for either multiple information technology projects or phases of a complex project that supports more than one operational program or work group. Work performed at this level generally includes workflow customization, integration with multiple applications and/or systems, and direct interaction with vendor(s), external client(s) of the organization, end users, and other internal stakeholders. Perform and coordinate the analysis and design of system solutions. Capture business and technical requirements, develop specifications for new and enhanced systems and process workflows, facilitate evaluating and selecting/designing solutions, develop and execute testing, training and documentation strategies. Provide subject matter expertise in business systems analysis processes and tools.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 6 years of progressive experience within an IT environment that includes performing data and/or business systems analysis with business process owners and information technology workgroups in a broad range of size and complex IT projects (Systems/Data/ Process elicitation, requirements, analysis, modeling, scenarios/use cases);
- IT project management experience; new application, integration, reporting, data access design and development; translating functional requirements into test cases and leading testing; SQL scripting/SQL database administration; web development and/or architectures
- Structured Testing methods and processes
- Applications analysis, design and development
- Knowledge of RAD and Waterfall Software Development Life Cycles
- Intermediate MS Office Suite proficiency that includes developing Excel pivot tables, data analysis from Access, and/or Visio process mapping
Plus demonstrated proficiency with at least 7 of the following:
- Root Cause Analysis
- Metrics and KPIs
- Vendor Assessment
- Business Rules and Process Automation
- Care management workflows and processes
- Accounting work flows and processes
- Business Process and Decision Modeling
- Advanced BSA tools and techniques
- Advanced Testing processes and techniques
- N-tier architecture knowledge
- SOA architecture knowledge
- IT Security compliance and processes
- Analyze system requirements and deliver artifacts.
- Complete root cause analysis and data analysis.
- Coordinate and communicate functional requirements and document advanced specifications.
- Coordinate testing and tracking/resolving issues.
- Create and maintain Acceptance Criteria, test library and data for reuse.
- Create and maintain complex context and systems diagrams.
- Demonstrate working software during application review sessions.
- Develop training programs for new and improved systems.
- Elicit requirements for systems, meta-data and process workflows.
- Participate in internal system development/design discussions.
- Participate in SME discussions.
- Participate in vendor demos.
- Perform data design, and modeling.
- Perform systems analysis and documents systems processes.
- Prepare documentation for vendor and internal response and analysis.
- Provide recommendations to optimize new and enhanced system value.
- Translate and create Acceptance Criteria utilizing user stories, report layouts, and test cases.
- Translate the functional specifications into designs specifications.
- Complete Business Process and Decision Modeling.
- Coordinate internal system development/design discussions.
- Develop estimates of the risks and costs of developing, implementing, and maintaining a proposed new or changed system.
- Facilitate evaluating and selecting/designing solutions.
- Perform advanced data design and modeling.
- Perform advanced systems analysis and data analysis.
- Plan testing and tracking.
- BA / BS in a related field
- Equivalent combination of education and/or work experience may be substituted.
- CAPM or CCBA preferred