Senior Software Development Engineer
Job # 2460 We are looking for a passionate senior developer that loves to code!! We also need developers that have exhibited technical leadership and have the ability to collaborate across diverse teams.
You will have the opportunity to work with teams dealing with massive data, machine learning algorithms and scale where billions of data points are ingested and computed over on a daily basis. If you’re looking to stimulate your mind, engage with motivated and collaborative engineers, and have the opportunity to make substantial impacts to the company’s bottom line and offerings then this is the place for you!
This is a full-time/direct hire role located on the Eastside. The role will be remote initially, with lots of flexibility. Our client is more focused on productivity rather than people punching in 9-5. So work the schedule that is most fitting for you is supported and from the work location/environment that fits you best! This company is also Ranked as one of the top places to work in the Seattle area for multiple years and offers some of the best benefits and perks we’ve seen!
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- 6+ years of experience in production level software development, architecture and design.
- More than a team player, but a leader. We highly regard collaboration, but we also want to see leadership among our senior people.
- For this role you will be working mostly in Java but they also have code in C#, Scala, and Python.
- Knowledge about query languages is a huge plus, such as T-SQL and Athena.
- Design Experience is also required. Need systems that operate at large scale, run reliably and efficiently, and take a multitude of constraints into consideration.
- Experience maintaining and extending applications and services through their lifetime
- Knowledge or willingness to learn about one or more of the following areas: machine learning, graph processing, network analysis, distributed software systems, EMR systems, data schema design, and using AWS services and tools.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, or related discipline