Job #2278: Chameleon Technologies is looking for a full-time permanent addition to our small team to work in a DevOps capacity with an emphasis on cloud architecture. We are a small but a mighty company! We value collaboration and empower out teammates to learn. In this role, you will work remote with weekly team meetings and ongoing client visits within the greater Seattle area. You will be responsible for designing and configuring a build pipeline, automating infrastructure management, and enhancing the usefulness of logging and monitoring telemetry as well as overseeing the cloud architecture solutions implemented in our client environments. You will do so while ensuring application environments meet compliance and security requirements. Furthermore, you will deliver cross-team and cross-functional projects independently while collaborating with others and enabling the team success. We would like you to be recognized as a thought leader with significant contributions in the IT industry.
- Accountable for the creation and maintenance of build pipeline. Developing and implementing complex automation tasks. Investigate, debug, and resolve defects and owning the code merge and branching process. Serve as subject matter expert in the CI/CD pipeline.
- Consistently delivers significant projects that span multiple teams. Delivers on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting techniques and solutions. Calculates costs/benefits of various solutions. Able to identify and communicate potential areas of convergence across multiple products’ scope of influence.
- Assist with estimating work efforts required for each phase of a project. Provide technical guidance and mentoring to less experienced engineers. Evaluates benefits and risks of a solution’s feasibility and functionality. Identify and raise technical risks.
- Employs state of the art technology practices in their field of expertise, and stays in touch with the state of the art in several technology fields. Develop case studies, training materials, and provide guidance for solution components.
- Partner with project teams to create and improve process and tools. Participate in and lead internal and external learning and sharing activities, including team meetings, agile demos, and presentations to management.
ABILITIES / KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Experience continuously designing, implementing, and improving end-to-end Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Demonstrated in depth knowledge of Linux/BSD architecture and operation.
- Public cloud experience (Azure and AWS) in a production environment
- Experience in Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code (SaltStack/Hashicorp Terraform)
- Demonstrated growth mindset, continuous evaluation of emerging technologies and authorship of use cases demonstrating value
- Ability to translate application concepts between business and technical language
- Strong problem solving/analytical ability
- Excellent self-management of schedules and priorities
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision
- Excellent attention to detail with a focus on quality
EXPERIENCE / CERTIFICATES / EDUCATION
- 5+ years of progressively responsible system administration and DevOps experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Must have experience with the following technologies:
- Azure & AWS skills:
- Hashicorp Terraform/Vault/etc.
- Salt (or similar orchestration)
- Docker Swarm/Kubernetes
- Desired experience with the following technologies:
- Nagios/TICK (or other monitoring stack)
- Drupal (familiarity ideal)
- Python/BASH/Powershell scripting
Apply for this Now