Job #2321: Chameleon Technologies is searching for a Lab Manager for Hardware Engineering and R&D. This is a contract role in Redmond, WA. This Quantum Computing group is exploring ways to build a full-scale quantum computer. To support this development effort, we’re looking for a highly motivated individual to organize, maintain and improve our Quantum Lab. The ideal candidate is familiar with lab equipment infrastructure and setup, mechanical/electrical engineering, and cryogenics. The scope includes managing lab improvements, maintenance and expansions, as well as working with RE&F and our equipment suppliers to guarantee equipment up time and access to all lab facilities.
This position is for a Technical lab manager who will help organize and maintain our lab infrastructure. This will be critical to support our integration work.
In addition to managing lab spaces the responsibility will also include interaction with our suppliers for scheduled maintenance, immediate repair and upgrade work.
The lab is unique and will provide you with many opportunities to make a positive impact in highly dynamic environment of scientist and engineers trying to push the boundaries of Quantum computing.
- Semiconductor or Technical research lab background
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail and Interested in solving technical problems that require collaboration across different skill sets; technicians, engineers, researchers
- Highly organized, efficient, timely, and precise
- Has strong communication skills, fluent in written and oral English
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, etc)
The ideal candidate additionally has:
- A strong Technical background, Engineering, Physics and semiconductor process backgrounds preferred
- Track record of delivery and drive for results
- Collaborative multi-tasker who is able to effectively juggle and manage competing priorities and tasks. Able to plan, organize and execute independently
- At least 3 years’ Technical management experience in a small Site / Technical Lab environment– Research Lab or Semi-Conductor experienced desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Physics, STEM field or related field. Preferred semiconductor physics background
- Previous Project Management experience desirable, PMP certificate preferred
Apply for this Now