01 Feb Nanofabrication Engineer II
Job #2260: Chameleon Technologies is searching for a Nanofabrication Engineer II for a contract role at West LaFayette, IN. We seek an engineer to support several projects related to the development and characterization of semiconductor materials and devices which enable topological qubits. Our work at Station Q Purdue in West Lafayette, Indiana is part of global company effort in topological quantum computing. This position is an opportunity to make crucial contributions to emerging quantum hardware technologies.
Hands-on experience with standard techniques for semiconductor device fabrication is required. Expertise in atomic layer deposition and gate dielectric characterization methods will be considered favorably.
Responsibilities include develop, operate, and characterize semiconductor device fabrication processes in the Birck Nanotechnology Center cleanroom facilities located at Purdue University. Accurately documenting and effectively communicating all procedures and results to the larger research group is an essential aspect of the position. The candidate will also be required to assist in the maintenance of thin film deposition equipment.
A successful candidate must have:
- M.S. in Physics, Materials Science or an engineering discipline
- Hands-on experience working with some or all of the following semiconductor device fabrication equipment/processes in a cleanroom environment: ebeam-lithography; atomic layer deposition; thin film metals deposition; Ar ion-milling.
- Ability to follow protocols to operate sophisticated experimental equipment and to safely work with industrial solvents, acids, and bases in a cleanroom environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency at accurately documenting processes and protocols.
- Strong attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Strong desire to work in a collaborative international team – occasional travel to other company laboratory sites may be required
Preference may be given to candidates with the following additional qualifications:
Ph.D. in Physics, Materials Science/Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
Industry experience in semiconductor device fabrication
Direct experience optimizing the deposition of and characterizing the quality of thin film gate dielectrics.
Ability to meet company, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
This position will be required to pass our background check and credit history analysis upon hire/transfer and every year thereafter.
Apply for this Now