01 Feb Nanofabrication Engineer
Job #2259: Chameleon Technologies is searching for a Nanofabrication Engineer for a contract role in West LaFayette, IN. We seek an engineer to support several projects related to the development and characterization of semiconductor materials and devices which enable topological qubits. Our work at Station Q Purdue in West Lafayette, Indiana is part of global effort in topological quantum computing. This position is an opportunity to make crucial contributions to emerging quantum hardware technologies.
Desire and commitment to devoting the majority of time conducting hands-on experiments in a cleanroom environment is required. Experience with standard semiconductor device fabrication processes and techniques is preferred but not required.
Responsibilities include operate, maintain, and characterize semiconductor device fabrication processes in the Birck Nanotechnology Center cleanroom facilities located at Purdue University. Accurately documenting and effectively communicating all procedures and results to the larger research group is an essential aspect of the position.
A successful candidate must have:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science or an engineering discipline
- Hands-on experience working in a scientific laboratory
- Ability to follow protocols to operate sophisticated experimental equipment and to safely work with industrial solvents, acids, and bases in a cleanroom environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency at accurately documenting processes and protocols.
- Strong attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Strong desire to work in a collaborative international team – occasional travel to other laboratory sites may be required
Preference may be given to candidates with the following additional qualifications:
- First-hand experience with some or all of the following semiconductor device fabrication equipment/processes: reactive ion etching; photo/ebeam-lithography; atomic layer deposition; plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition.
- Industry experience in semiconductor device fabricatio
Ability to meet the company, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
This position will be required to pass our background check and credit history analysis upon hire/transfer and every year thereafter.
Apply for this Now