Principal Software Program Manager
Job #2333: The Principal Software Project Manager works with Mobile and Embedded software teams to lead strategy, scheduling and logistics to ensure efficient execution of the project. Coordinating with both on-site and remote teams, acts as a conduit of communication between SW development and the broader team. The Principal SW PM understands the required medical device deliverables and partners with engineering management to insure the team is creating the appropriate content. The Principal SW PM implements tools to track progress, produce metrics, and provides status.
- Establishing development plans and strategies to most efficiently deliver finished software along with appropriate documentation to support regulatory filings.
- Tracking, updating, and executing the software project schedule.
- Planning feature development alignment between various software teams.
- Planning integration testing and system build releases.
- Tracking and communicating status towards milestones.
- Leading the software team bugs/issue tracking and change request review board.
- Run cross-functional meetings to review reported bugs and change requests.
- Track metrics and drive team to close out issues.
- Project Management support of mobile device and data partnerships.
- Collaborating with other Principal/Leaders of SW Centers of Excellence
- Other Project Management duties as assigned.
- Work with limited supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 8 years of project management or equivalent experience in a product development environment.
- Prior experience with medical device software development.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and multiple priorities.
- Knowledge and experience with agile based project management.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence tools.
- Previous experience as a Software Developer.
- Office environments, extended hours as needed
Apply for this Now