25 Jan Program Manager
Job #2254: Chameleon Technologies is searching for a Program Manager for a contract role in West Lafeyette, IN. This role with global scope will be responsible for ensuring operational excellence regarding management of our growing portfolio of Scientific Partnerships. This includes but is not limited to establishing internal and external rhythm of the business, governance, tracking, archiving, and reporting of Scientific Partnerships.
The successful candidate will partner with a wide variety of the company and third party institutional partner stakeholders (e.g. procurement/supply, finance, legal, tax & trade, administration, program management, research and engineering) across the world, on matters relating to Intellectual Property (IP) deals, licensing, patent administration, invention disclosures, public funding and grants, facilities and equipment, export controls, scientific resources/talent, and more, in furtherance of our Quantum charter.
The vision is for the successful individual in this role to own discrete projects in the Scientific Partnerships space and progress to directly developing and managing a portfolio of Scientific Partnerships. This role reports to the Director of Scientific Partnerships, Quantum.
- Degree in physics, STEM field or related field. Preferred semiconductor physics background
- Passion for process improvement and project/portfolio management
- Manages effectively to budget
- Experience with contracts and contracting, ideally in relation to IP and licensing
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Integrity, diplomacy, and partnership skills to work effectively with all levels and functions of internal and external Quantum-related teams, ranging from senior leadership to individual contributors, scientists to functional counterparts
- Manages confidentiality without exception
- Advanced business acumen and judgment
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Collaborative multi-tasker who is able to effectively juggle and manage competing priorities and tasks. Able to plan, organize and execute independently
- Track record of delivery and drive for results
- Domestic and international travel will be required
Day to day activities:
- Interfacing with other company sites and teams, keeping us in the loop and up to date
- Export control and associated tasks with materials shipping around the world
- Meeting arrangements (locations, timing, needed personnel etc.)
- Ordering equipment, supplies etc.
- Chasing down vendors and order status, interacting with the suppliers administration and engineering staff
- Actual project and personnel management. Laying out timelines, tracking project status, following up on milestones etc. Helping us keep track of our various projects and where we are at with each needs more attention
- Reporting and slide aggregation. If this individual, even without a strong science background (in semi-conductor physics or physics engineering related) could make a first pass at a group presentation or report that would be useful
- Internal meeting notes, specifically action items or key pieces of information that should be read out to our larger group or tracked
- Compliance and training issues
TOP 3 SKILLS A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST POSSESS:
- 2-3+ years’ experience of site management – research – lab management.
- Bachelor’s degree in physics, STEM field or related field (open to other science based degrees but prefer semiconductor physics background)
- Program manager skills to maintain order and business of lab
Apply for this Now