Senior Clinical IT Project Manager
Job #2292: Chameleon Technologies is searching for a Senior Clinical IT Project Manager for a long-term contract role in Seattle. A successful candidate must possess IT Infrastructure and Facilities experience in a clinical environment.
This role functions under the direction of the IT Facilities Manager, overseeing and managing IT tasks for the all assigned projects, and manages other project support activities. The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring project goals and objectives are met within the agreed upon time, scope and budget. This position will drive for results by overseeing the planning, scheduling, budget and coordination of all IT-related work for the projects. Responsibilities will include creating and managing an overall project schedule, developing detailed task plans, resource alignment, reporting on critical milestones, managing issues and risks, communicating project status, progress, risks and issues to key stakeholders; developing, base-lining, managing and reporting on project budget; keeping high level project information updated in the IT Facilities project portfolio and Weekly Activity Report, on a regular basis.
This position requires facilitation of work across multiple IT groups and is considered the single point of contact for IT activities on the projects, as assigned. This position is also responsible for collecting IT infrastructure requirements, procurement, tracking and delivery of products and services associated with all IT components of the projects; developing work breakdown structures, organizing IT work plans, following IT processes, oversight of implementation work and ensuring team members are charging time and materials appropriately.
- Experience with IT Infrastructure, such as network, telecom, desktop and Audio/Visual
- Prior IT Facilities experience in all phases, from architecture through schematic and detailed design, implementation and execution
- Previous Healthcare experience in a clinical environment
- Minimum 8 years of Project Management experience
- Knowledge of project management methodology and tools (PMBOK or similar)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business, Math, or related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrate technical competence
- PMP certification
- Knowledge of software applications, and proficiency with MS Project, MS Office (Outlook, SharePoint, Word, Excel & Access) and Visio
- Knowledge of, and experience using/administering an MS Project Server
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, and ability to solve complex problems and take a new perspective on existing solutions
- Strong customer service skills, and the ability to interpret customer needs, assess requirements, and identify solutions to nonstandard requests
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to explain difficult issues and build consensus
- Able to establish and maintain effective work relationships at all levels of the organization
- Able to apply best practices and knowledge of internal/external business challenges to improve products, processes or services
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team
Apply for this Now