Senior Support Engineer
Job #2348: Chameleon Technologies is searching for a Senior Support Engineer for a fast growing company. we’re looking for people who love to build things: products, companies, markets, and their careers! Think you have what it takes to work on one of the best teams in the industry? Read on.
We are looking for a Support Engineer who can be flexible on shifts. This is a growth role and a great entry point for a career. Real opportunities exist for career advancement within Support or in other business units. Support is the place to prove your worth and develop a base for career growth in the company.
We’re looking for a Support Engineer who can help our client grow to the next level as a company. As a starting point for this hands-on position, you’ll need the following background:
- As part of the Support team, you will be both working with customers to resolve technical issues using a variety of internal resources and providing data analysis to understand and troubleshoot systems.
- Provide hardware and firmware deployment support for appliances, including issues with data feeds from network infrastructure, virtual switches, and packet forwarders
- Document incident cases, feature requests, and customer questions
- Be an escalation point for technical issues
- Act as the single point of contact for customer questions and concerns
- Provide professional, concise communication with customers
- Be a subject matter expert for the client
- Four-year degree or equivalent in a related discipline such as information technology, computer science, business, or engineering
- 2 years+ of experience in IS or IT, or 5 years+ experience high-level technical support role
- Experience with Unix/Linux based operating systems
- Working knowledge of networking and virtual systems
- Working knowledge of the OSI Model
- Excellent customer service, organizational, and documentation skills
- Working knowledge of networking protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and multicast
- Working knowledge of application protocols including HTTP, SSL, FTP, SMTP, and LDAP
Apply for this Now