Sr. Linux Administrator
Job #2300: Chameleon Technologies is searching for a Sr. Linux Administrator. This position provides leadership for our world class 24 x 7 x 365 production operations, managing all aspects of the operations, which includes monitoring, resolution, administration, and engineering of a large scale production environment. Your leadership within the team will demonstrate business and technical knowledge, mentoring, and training for Linux systems and application administration to help us ensure the health, uptime and performance of our hosted services, which rely on an infrastructure of Linux (RedHat/CentOS) hosts requiring 24×7 uptime.
Responsible for improving and maintaining our Production infrastructure ensuring that it’s always on and always fast. Focus is on continuously improving the speed and efficiency of the environment & systems required to support it. Candidates will work closely with our engineers to design and implement systems to support our suite of hosted applications. This individual must be comfortable using & supporting automation systems to deploy & configure our applications in virtualized environments and be familiar with the technologies those applications are built on. You’ll think automation first and manual second. This individual must be comfortable in a team environment and be willing to manage multiple tasks. The candidate should be a self-starter with the ability to complete tasks without a great deal of hand-holding.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with DevOps team to roll out and automate configuration & release of builds to Production
- Research, selection, planning and implementation of new technologies to support scaling of applications to meet customer & business needs.
- Develop tools and scripts to assist with routine maintenance tasks
- Manage Linux and related open source systems (apache, bind, postfix, memcache, mysql, postgresql, etc.)
- Plan and support the implementation of major architectural changes.
- Maintain site servers and hosted web applications, ensuring uptime and site responsiveness.
- Support for all related products and triage any issues that come up.
- The candidate must be able to work in a team environment.
- Proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolution of issues.
- Maintain documentation of systems and processes
What we would like to see:
- 8+ years system administration experience to include:
- 2+ years of experience operating a large-scale, 24×7 web environment
- 4+ years experience with Linux or other Unix based operating system
- 2+ years supporting multiple Apache servers
- Working knowledge of core Internet protocols and services (e.g. IP, TCP, UDP, NTP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SSH, syslog) required
- Strong experience with and understanding of virtualization (VMWare, Xen, etc.)
- Experience with Active Directory and related protocols desired (e.g. Kerberos, LDAP, NTP, Samba, etc.)
- Experience with large scale DNS and Mail systems (experience with Postfix required)
- Experience with devops automation (Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Previous experience with SAN/NAS infrastructure desired
- Experience scripting with bash, Perl, Python
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to describe in details the steps and approach taken to complete your tasks.
Apply for this Now