Supplier Quality Engineer
Job #2309: The Supplier Quality Engineer is a key role, responsible for working with our development team and external suppliers to deliver high quality, life-saving products; from development, through the life of the product.
Manage all aspects of tier one and sub-tier supplier quality activities for assigned suppliers/ commodities; drive quality and process improvement at assigned suppliers/commodities. Assess, monitor, and ensure the continued adequacy and effectiveness of the quality system for the assigned supplier base. Support supplier selection, supplier process validation/controls, general supplier development. Review and approve inspection sampling plans for selection parts.
- Support new supplier audits, selection, development, and supply chain team strategies
- Participate in design reviews with development teams and suppliers to ensure manufacturable designs
- Manage supplier part/assembly qualifications using PFMEA/AQPQ/PPAP techniques
- Manage supplier process validation plans, and reports using IQ/OQ/PQ validation techniques
- Approve supplier test and inspection plans and procedures to ensure quality at the source
- Maintain supplier key performance indicators (KPIs) to support supplier score cards, and drive improvements.
- Drive supplier quality MRB dispositions, root cause determination, and 8D corrective actions/supplier corrective action requests (SCAR)
- Utilize six-sigma and lean manufacturing techniques to Lead continuous improvement of supplier performance working with supply chain and development teams
- Supplier primary technical contact working both independently and in teams to support company objectives
- Maintain 100% compliance to our processes and procedures.
- May participate in definition of critical-to-quality/process/function parameters for critical components/sub-systems.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or technical science, or equivalent combination of education and directly relevant experience
- 4 years’ directly relevant experience, with prior experience in a FDA/cGMP or regulated environment
- Working knowledge of PPAP and IQ/OQ/PQ validation techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Direct experience with fabrication and assembly manufacturing processes
- Autonomous, independent worker, comfortable with minimal supervision and tight deadlines
- 8+ years of experience in FDA/regulated environment
- Team leadership and project management experience
- Experienced with six-sigma and lean manufacturing techniques
- Direct experience working with Over-molded Cable, PCBA, Contract Manufacturer, and ODM Suppliers
- Certified quality auditor
- Ability to drive and deliver innovative, effective and timely solutions
- Team oriented, friendly, fast-paced, and innovative environment
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Significant use of standard office software and equipment
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
Apply for this Now