Business Systems Program Manager - Chameleon Technologies
Job #2549: Chameleon Technologies is looking for a Business Systems Program Manager who can own the end-to-end processes and business tool lifecycle of our agent CRM SAAS platforms. This starts with a deep understanding of the business processes, an appreciation of the technology involved, the ability to inspire our engineers to address the need, and the passion to help the business folks implement and make use of the tools.
You will be working closely with your fellow product managers, our engineering teams, and operations. Our Salesforce engineer, and Netsuite administrator will report to this position.
What will make you successful in this role is your business sense. This is not a process “enforcer” role. This is a role that instinctively knows what processes and tools to use in any given situation that will help enable the team to get work done in an efficient, effective, and collaborative way. This role recognizes the need to have processes that fit the work, and tools that enable the business. This is a technical hands on role where you will design integrations and tools that make teams and individuals more effective.
The product team is currently made up of a Senior Director of Product Management, a Product Manager, and a Technical Product Manager. The existing team looks after our CRM and consumer website experiences. The team is looking for an individual who is excited to bring their technical program management skills to help manage and enhance internal business systems including internally built web applications, customer facing eCommerce functionality, Netsuite, Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics integrations, phone systems, and business analytics, to help scale and create efficiencies within the sales and service organizations. We value Transparency, Integrity, User Focus, Nerdy Passion, Collaboration, and Curious Creativity.
You like puzzles and love data. Going from an internal business customer need to a new technology to our platform is not always a straight path. You are energized by the idea of solving this puzzle and figuring out the best way to solve a problem by building on what our platform has to offer today. You can design creative solutions while considering technical and business needs, requirements and trade-offs but stay firmly rooted in decisions based on data.
You prefer to chart a course rather than be micromanaged. You will be an expert in our platform’s technologies. We trust our experts, and expect you to help determine the best course of action. You will be able to calmly and objectively deal with challenges. You are a self-starter that is as comfortable working with your team as you are working solo in times of deep thought.
Show and tell was your favorite school subject. As cool as technology and our solutions are, we really want to make sure that others can and will use them. You love talking ad nauseum about the solutions you help bring to life, and are driven by helping others in the organization succeed.
You’re invigorated by your team. We want to create a team where members are free to take interpersonal risks, challenge each other’s assumptions, and help each other succeed. It’s not just about having “mandatory fun” at happy hours, it’s about wanting the best for each other.
Things You Might Do:
With one of our team’s Core Values being Integrity, and with program management being a cross-functional role working with many teams and stakeholders, we have structured our responsibilities around honoring the commitments we have made: essentially, what we owe to others.
For business teams:
- Help implement features that reduce churn, increase revenue, drive efficiency, and reduce cost
- Help our business stakeholders understand the roadmap
- Partner on workshops and trainings
For engineering and design:
- Ensure that our engineering teams have an appreciation of the problem and that they’re working towards the right solution
- Develop requirements so that the right infrastructure and integration points are available to ensure the success of the integrations we need to build
For your fellow product managers and data analysts:
- Maintain the internal tools and systems backlog
- Create and share best practices
- Coordinate creation and monitoring of applicable system metrics
On day one we'll expect you to…
- Get to know the team
- Be able to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Learn our internal systems, tools, and processes
- Ask lots of questions!
At 3 months we’ll expect you to…
- Have an understanding of the platform’s underlying architecture, with a focus on integration points and data schema
- Understand and be able to use our internal tools
- Write technical requirements for new features
- Perform issue ticket triage and coordinate projects
- Manage backlog grooming, dashboards, and stakeholder communications
At 12 months we’ll expect you to..
- Chart your own course in terms of which product features and technical debt projects should be prioritized next, and execute them end-to-end
Added bonuses if you have…
- Interesting hobbies
- A love of Star Trek or Star Wars is recommended but not required!
- Proven record of delivering high quality internal business tools and applications with seamless integrations with 3rd party software for eCommerce, CRM, order processing capabilities
- JIRA or other process-management tools
- SCRUM Master or similar Agile process experience
- 5+ years as a technical program manager
- 2+ years building or managing solutions within Salesforce cloud products (e.g. Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, Revenue Cloud, and/or Marketing Cloud.
- Strong technical skills and experience with SQL, data management, and Salesforce technologies including: Apex, VisualForce, Workflows, Flows. Experience with Databricks or Spark is a strong plus, as is JSON, APIs, Postman.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- BS in Computer Science or other related field preferred, MS is a plus. Technical training programs also welcome.