Characterization Engineer - Chameleon Technologies
Job #2465: Chameleon Technologies seeks an engineer experienced in scanning electron microscope (SEM) and atomic force microscope (AFM) characterization techniques to support several projects related to the development of topological q-bits. Our work at Station Q Purdue in West Lafayette, Indiana is part of global Quantum research effort in topological quantum computing. This is a contract role.
Responsibilities include characterize semiconductor devices and materials using SEM and AFM measurement techniques on various equipment located in the Birck Nanotechnology Center on the campus of Purdue University. Extensive experience with SEM and/or AFM measurements on semiconductor nanostructures fabrication is required. Accurately analyzing, documenting and effectively communicating all results and procedures to the larger research group is an essential aspect of the position. The candidate may also be required to assist in the maintenance of equipment and the training of less experienced personnel on correct operation and ‘best-practices’.
A successful candidate must have:
- M.S. in Physics, Materials Science or an engineering discipline
- Hands-on experience working with scanning electron microscopes and atomic force microscopes.
- Ability to follow protocols to operate sophisticated experimental equipment and to safely work with industrial chemicals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency at accurately documenting processes, protocols and large amounts of data.
- Strong attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Strong desire to work in a collaborative international team – occasional travel to other Quantum laboratory sites may be required