IT Application Supervisor - Chameleon Technologies
Job #2471: Chameleon Technologies is searching for an Information Technology Supervisor in Salem, OR. The IT Supervisor of Applications is an important role leading and driving transformative efforts that touch the lives of our residence. In this role you’ll be a part of a central organization that serves the Information Technology (IT) needs of almost 1,800 employees and over 600 IT Systems. We support 16 widely-diverse departments delivering services to areas such as Healthcare, Law Enforcement, and Construction to name just a few.
As a highly visible leader, you as the IT Supervisor of Applications are innovative, passionate and a results oriented hands-on manager. With a background in both custom developed and Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) applications, you will help determine what specific applications are needed to improve business operations, and then energize your team to achieve your vision.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
This is the first-line supervisory level over classifications in a professional and/or technical discipline. Incumbents are responsible for performing advanced and/or complex technical work in area assigned; providing technical direction and problem resolution related to program services and activities; ensuring staff and program compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policy and procedure; and reviewing and preparing statistical and related reports.
Works under the general supervision of a higher level IT Manager who assigns work, establishes goals and reviews the results obtained for overall effectiveness.
Supervises professional and technical staff to include: prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staffs are trained; ensuring employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and making hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations.
SUPERVISION AND MENTORING
Supervise IT employees including assignment and review of staff work as appropriate; develop and complete staff performance objectives and reviews; monitor, assess, and provide staff training; and provide technical guidance and consultation. Monitors and inspects work in progress to ensure continuity and timely completion. Provides on-going feedback regarding levels of performance, and conducts timely and meaningful employee performance evaluations. Manages personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, and performance issues in a positive manner for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit. Develop and implement staff development plans to provide cross training of employees, specific job related training, and provide opportunities for staff flexibility and career growth.
SOFTWARE APPLICATION OVERSIGHT
Manage a collection of business applications supporting multiple county departments and elected offices. Supervises the technical activities and functions related to developing, maintaining, and improving information technology that meets the operational and strategic business objectives. Monitor software and computer systems for irregularities and performance issues. Assess system data and error logs, along with user reports, to determine areas for improvement or repair. Organizes, plans, schedules, and manages software development and support efforts. Works with other IT units and service providers to ensure cross-coordination of production changes. Participates in team meetings, communicates status of ongoing projects and/or job tasks, and coordinates work schedule with team for the purpose of maintaining open communication.
GOVERNANCE AND PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
Work with other IT units to implement standards and coordinate the use and application of technology in a manner consistent with established standards. Responsible for reviewing, implementing, and ensuring compliance with technical policies and procedures. Provide guidance in the use of software development best practices.
Support strategic planning activities of the programs IT Manager by accessing the needs of county application development processes and services. Identification of services or platforms that support department and enterprise requirements by leveraging commercial systems that reduce dependencies on custom software.
Other Job Duties
- Participates in meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) related field of study from an accredited institution; AND
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible application development and support management experience; AND
- Two (2) years supervisory experience, which may be concurrent with experience above; OR
- Any satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience relevant to the position.
- Lead experience must have included: training; reviewing the work of others; organizing, planning, and scheduling work assignments; providing input on employee performance evaluations; providing guidance in daily activities; providing technical expertise; acting as a resource on difficult points of procedures; and providing assistance to and making recommendations in the hiring process.
- Certification in Application Development or Application Architecture.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), or other equivalent project management certifications
- Business Analysis Professional (BA) certificate.
- Two (2) or more years' experience working in an ITIL/ITSM environment
- Must possess a current driver's license in the applicant's state of residence and an acceptable driving history. Marion County will obtain a copy of the driving record for all qualified applicants from Driver and Motor Vehicle Services and review the driving record according to the Marion County policy and procedure for Driving on County Business. The policy can be found at: http://apps.co.marion.or.us/APAP/.
- The finalist for this position may be required to pass a criminal history background check, including finger printing; however, conviction of a crime may not necessarily disqualify an individual for this position.
- This assignment is not represented by a union.
- This is a full-time position, which is not eligible for overtime.
- Typical work schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., with flexibility depending upon the needs of the department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
General knowledge of: methods, processes and operating principles of Windows server, IIS, and SQL Server administration; web design, development and maintenance; methods and techniques of project management and business analysis; supervision and best established best practices in effectively operating a service desk operation; practices and methods of maintaining data privacy; business and management principles involved in strategic planning, production methods and coordination of people and resources; and research methods for emerging technologies
Skill and ability to: identify complex problems and develop or evaluate options and implement solutions; analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems; effectively communicate in person and in groups; write clear and concise memorandums, reports or other documents; use logic and reasoning in identifying the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems; manage projects typical to the job assignment; be diligent about detail and thorough in completing work tasks; effectively prioritize tasks and plans; explain what information means and how it can be used; establish effective working relationships with internal and external customers; be pleasant with others on the job and display good-natured, cooperative attitude; accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively in high stress situations.