Junior Portfolio Manager, Transition Management - Chameleon Technologies
Job #2507: Chameleon Technologies is searching for a Junior Portfolio Manager, Transition Management role in the San Francisco bay area. The Transition Portfolio Manager is one of two functions that co-own successful implementation of a client transition. Specifically, this role takes responsibility for the investment risk inherent in each portfolio transition. While managing a client’s portfolio through the trade strategy you have designed, you will also serve as their go-to resource for understanding current market liquidity conditions, active portfolio exposures, and how these factors tie into the transition outcome.
You will partner closely with our equity, fixed income, and FX traders across all regions to develop expertise in these markets. We provide full service for clients, from account set up to trade execution and performance attribution. As such, this is an outstanding opportunity to gain exposure to every stage of the asset management business while specializing in your specific areas of interest.
- Work with clients to understand their portfolio transition needs and identify the key drivers of risk
- Develop an optimal trading and hedging strategy, with a detailed execution plan
- Prepare and present pre-trade analysis reports that clearly explain the proposed strategy and detail expected transaction costs and risk
- Manage live transition assignments by instructing market orders to our Global Trading team for execution. Partner with traders to ensure that execution and exposure management remain within your desired specifications
- Engage with clients throughout the course of a transition to communicate market conditions, transition progress, and portfolio performance
- 3-5 years’ experience in the Financial Services industry, in a transition management, trading, portfolio management, or a related function
- Strong understanding of capital markets, financial instruments, portfolio hedging and optimization, and multi asset allocation strategies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a track record of teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing demands in a fast-paced environment
- High energy, curiosity, problem solving mentality, and attention to detail
- Familiarity with a programming language such as Python, or willingness and desire to learn
- Series 7, 63 & 3 (can be obtained within 6 months of starting)
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.