Nanofabrication Engineer - Chameleon Technologies
Job #2581: Chameleon Technologies is searching for a Nanofabrication Engineer for a contract role in the device fabrication group. You will join a multi-disciplinary team of theoretical and experimental physicists, materials scientists, and hardware and software engineers working at the forefront of quantum computing. You should have experience in device fabrication and characterization techniques. Our work at Station Q Purdue in West Lafayette, Indiana is part of global Microsoft Quantum research effort in topological quantum computing.
Responsibilities include develop, operate, and characterize semiconductor device fabrication processes in the Birck Nanotechnology Center cleanroom facilities located at Purdue University. Accurately documenting and effectively communicating all procedures and results to the larger research group is an essential aspect of the position. The candidate may also be required to assist in the maintenance of equipment.
A successful candidate must have:
- Master’s degree in physics, Materials Science or Electrical Engineering. Other engineering disciplines will also be considered.
- Hands-on experience working with some or all of the following semiconductor process areas: lithography, thin film deposition and etch.
- Ability to follow protocols to operate sophisticated experimental equipment and to safely work with industrial solvents, acids, and bases in a cleanroom environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency at accurately documenting processes and protocols.
- Strong attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Strong desire to work in a collaborative international team.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following additional qualifications:
- Industry experience in semiconductor device process integration.
- Expertise in thin film characterization, both structural and electrical.
- Familiarity with design and layout tools for chip scale devices.