Network Support Analyst 1 - Chameleon Technologies
Job #2481: Chameleon Technologies is looking for a Network Support Analyst. This position is a contract role, and you will be responsible to ensure minimal enterprise-wide network downtime to our business by proactively troubleshooting network issues and partnering with our service providers to drive towards service restoration. The Network Analyst is responsible for coordinating all the details of a network outage up to and including the occasional emergency replacement of inoperable equipment to reduce impact to our business. This position includes utilizing network support tools and network support best practices to drive towards incident resolution. The Network Analyst is expected to have and exhibit excellent member service and communication skills when handling hotline calls, interfacing with the business and other stakeholders in our IS Division. Incident documentation skills are paramount to ensure all troubleshooting steps of the incident are captured and can be easily consumable to communicate up to superiors when needed
Tasks and responsibilities
- Proactively works Network Support incident queue including opening, prioritizing, troubleshooting, following-up, notifying, escalating, communicating, documenting, and pulling in additional resources as needed for incident resolution. This includes dispatching Local Exchange Carriers (LECs), escalating, and working with vendor(s) per established Network Support escalation guides.
- Answers and contributes to Network Support hotline calls to support end users and minimize business disruption.
- Promptly responds to Network Support email inquiries and requests.
- Opens, monitors, and sees through to completion Cisco TAC cases on faulty Cisco equipment.
- Configures and deploys Cisco equipment.
- Attends scheduled training to ensure ability to support existing and future state network environments: Warehouse, Depot, Data Center, Regional Office, Colocation, and Cloud.
Required skills and abilities
- Demonstrated proficiency in a Networking based technology either with work experience or applicable certification.
- Thorough understanding of the OSI model, as well as IPv4 protocol suite.
- Strong troubleshooting skills to isolate network faults.
- Knowledgeable on Security Best Practices, procedures, and compliance.
- Able to work with vendors providing/supporting hardware and networking services in a professional, respectful manner.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to create and present documentation or proposals for projects/tasks.
- Ability to work effectively and make confident decisions under pressure.
- Must be a self-starter and able to perform in a quickly changing environment
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- Minimum 1-year Network operations experience or equivalent.
- Good understanding of utilized Network Support monitoring, data collecting, packet capture and management tools. (i.e., Micro Focus, Splunk, StealthWatch, Netscout, Observer, CPI, ISE, Voyence, infoBlox).
- CCNA or equivalent experience.
- Core Routing & Switching Skills.
- Good understanding of Cisco LAN/WAN architectures.
- knowledge of wireless networks and connecting wireless clients.
- Familiarity with load balancers – ACE/F5, network security – firewalls/UTM/ASA, cloud-based platforms – Azure, DMZ, and Juniper environments.
- Understanding or experience with Python and Bash/shell scripting.
- Familiarity of emerging SD-WAN technologies.
- Fluent with IP networking and IP protocol suite (i.e., TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP, QoS, IPSec, SSL, DMVPN, spanning tree, VLANs, DNS, DHCP, etc.)