Playtest Coordinator - Chameleon Technologies
Job #2534: Chameleon Technologies is searching for a Playtest Coordinator for a contract role in Redmond, WA. Minecraft inspires millions to create together, connects people across the globe, and brings together a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world.
We’re for a Playtest Coordinator covering all products in the Minecraft franchise. Through playtesting, we help build quality into our products, and have fun while doing it! You will be responsible for all aspects of playtesting, both in-person, and remote playtests, helping us to fulfill our goals of improving the quality of betas and releases, building team cohesion and comradery, and driving playtest engagement/participation.
- Setup/configuration of all hardware/software for our in-person playtest lab, across PC and consoles
- Facilitate at-home playtesting by communicating participation processes, configuring internal playtest groups and builds in the various portals, and administering dedicated playtest servers.
- Validate playtest builds to flag playtest blocking issues or identify workarounds.
- Manage the playtest calendar, across both in-person and remote playtest sessions, taking into account project milestones, and ensuring adequate coverage of new features.
- Evangelize our playtest efforts, and proactively recruit participants as needed.
- Coordinate with representatives of various teams across the studio, including Test, RM, Production, and Data and Analytics to determine focus areas for playtesting and monitor participation.
- Ensure participants have fun, make those new to the playtest feel welcomed, and encourage participants to develop a deeper knowledge of Minecraft.
- Identify and drive improvements with our playtest processes.
- Document playtest procedures to enable other teams to host their own playtest.
- Periodically report on playtest feedback and participation and highlight any trends.
- Ensure feedback and bugs identified in playtests are communicated and bugs filed.
- Passion for quality, eager to make a positive impact on Minecraft games.
- Take pride in the work done. You represent Mojang Studios, and play a key role in growing the Playtest culture at the studio.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and self-directed.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal – friendly and comfortable leading a playtest session with several dozen participants, and able to communicate key learnings to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience setting up, troubleshooting, and maintaining PCs and consoles.
- Must have experience with Excel, OneNote, Outlook. Experience with bug tracking software like ADO or JIRA preferred
- Familiarity with command line tools in Windows and/or Linux is a plus.
TOP 3 SKILLS A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST POSSESS:
- Hardware management and troubleshooting experience
- Very friendly, social and likes to collaborate with others and able to present and lead play tests.
- Games Experience (1+ years) – passion for Minecraft as well