Product Marketing Manager - Chameleon Technologies
Job #2548: Chameleon Technologies is looking for a Product Marketing Manager who will be responsible for driving go-to-market activities, competitive intelligence, end-to-end customer journey development, and messaging and positioning of both existing and new products. This starts by having a deep understanding and passion of end users through careful research while developing great messaging strategies.
You will be working closely with product managers, sales managers, and our marketing teams.
What will make you successful in this role is having customer empathy, focused on providing customer value, being a creative and critical thinker and constantly be thinking about improving the customer journey and experience. You must be experienced and skilled at conducting research, analyzing data and deriving actionable insights.
The Product organization itself is made up of a strong group of product managers and program managers. The organization is looking for an individual who is excited to bring their product marketing skillsets to help launch features for existing products and new products to market while working across the company including Sales, Marketing, Product and Engineering. We value Transparency, Integrity, User Focus, Nerdy Passion, Collaboration, and Curious Creativity.
You like puzzles and love data. Going from a market need to a new solutions to our platform is not always a straight path. You are energized by the idea of solving this puzzle and figuring out the best way to solve that problem and articulate what our platform has to offer today. More importantly you constantly think about what the customer journey is, and how best to ensure they realize value as quickly as possible at every stage of the journey. You can design creative messaging and value props while considering customer needs and trade-offs but stay firmly rooted in decisions based on data.
You prefer to chart a course rather than be micromanaged. You will be an expert in our platform’s technologies. We trust our experts, and expect you to help the organization determine the best course of action. You will be able to calmly and objectively deal with challenges. You are a self-starter that is as comfortable working with your team as you are working solo in times of deep thought.
Show and tell was your favorite school subject. As cool as technology and our solutions are, we really want to make sure that others can and will use them. You love talking ad nauseum about the solutions you help bring to market, and are driven by helping others in sales and marketing succeed to do the same.
You’re invigorated by your team. We want to create a team where members are free to take interpersonal risks, challenge each other’s assumptions, and help each other succeed. It’s not just about having “mandatory fun” at happy hours, it’s about wanting the best for each other.
Things You Might Do:
With one of our team’s Core Values being Integrity, and with Product Marketing being a cross-functional role working with many teams and stakeholders, we have structured our responsibilities around honoring the commitments we have made: essentially, what we owe to others.
- Responsible for defining, measuring, and driving the end-to-end Customer Journey by working with various teams and stakeholders across the organization
- Represent the voice of the customer and advocating for the optimal customer journey and experience throughout the business
For business teams:
- Maintain both qualitative and quantitative competitive and market analysis to help inform Product Strategy, Marketing Strategy and overall GTM efforts
- Communicate the value of new and existing products and services to the sales and marketing teams
- Develop and define customer and buyer personas by gaining insight into the customers' use of current products and their daily challenges
- Work with Product and Marketing to develop and define messaging, positioning, competitive differentiation, and GTM strategies
- Responsible for ensuring proper training and education of the marketing and sales team of the overall GTM messaging framework
- Measure and monitor sales growth to determine whether GTM messaging frameworks are resonating with customers and adjust accordingly
For growing the business:
- Identifying new business opportunities and initiatives ideal for investments to drive growth in the business
- Leverage knowledge and experience to inform and coordinate efforts related to an overall Product Portfolio Strategy.
- Assist with developing common practices and standards for product pricing across the business
- Use market research data to determine and inform product pricing
On day one we'll expect you to…
- Get to know the team
- Understand the existing customer base and competitors
- Be able to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Dive into understanding the customer and constantly think of innovative ways to grow the business
- Ask lots of questions!
At 3 months we’ll expect you to…
- Develop messaging frameworks for new and existing products
- Be the primary point person for our end-to-end customer journey map and drive improvement initiatives throughout the business
- Have a strong understanding of the customer personas and competitive landscape
- Understand and be able to use our internal tools
At 12 months we’ll expect you to..
- Chart your own course in terms of how to improve the customer journey and new messaging should be prioritized next, and execute them end-to-end
- Proven record working as an experienced SAAS Product Marketing Manager for 5 years
- Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or similar relevant field
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative and critical thinker with a vision
- Attention to details