QA Engineer - Chameleon Technologies
Job #2547: Chameleon Technologies is looking for a results-oriented, self-motivated QA Engineer with a passion for delivering high quality software and can thrive in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks including the testing of web-based applications, performance testing and the execution of automated test frameworks.
The QA organization is made up of onshore and offshore team members who contribute to the team’s common goal to release quality software. We do that with automated as well as manual tests that are developed through close scrutiny of product specifications delivered from the Product Management team.
Things you might do:
With the QA being a cross-functional role, working with teams of different disciplines, we have structured our responsibilities around providing support to the Product and Development teams to ensure we have what the customers need.
- You will discover problems with the code written by developers.
- You will ask the tough questions; did Product mean to write what they wrote?
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely & meaningful feedback.
- Estimate, plan and prioritize testing activities.
- Provide a practical approach to complex testing, specifically in the areas of the test case automation for the purposes of regression testing.
- Familiar with source code, version management, and code deployment standards.
- Maintain multiple QA environments to keep them up to date.
- Work with teams (e.g. developers and product managers), across geographical locations, to identify system requirements.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs get resolved.
On day one we’ll expect you to…
- Get to know the team
- Understand the existing customer base and competitors
- Be able to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Dive into understanding the customer and constantly think of innovative ways to grow the business
- Ask lots of questions!
At 3 months we’ll expect you to..
- Be the primary point person for assigned areas within the application stack.
- Have a strong understanding of our customer base and be able to provide feedback on new or updated features.
At 12 months we’ll expect you to..
- Chart your own course, helping the QA team to improve and become more than what we were when you started with the team.
- Minimum of 8 years of proven experience in a QA capacity
- Minimum of 3+ year experience working with relational databases and a working knowledge of SQL Server; more is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Analyze product requirements and ensure a testing strategy that aligns with a risk-based test approach.
- Experience using source code control systems, especially Git
- Experience testing service-based testing of RESTful APIs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven ability to motivate people
- Experience with test automation framework design models and best practices a big plus
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Java, C # or other object-oriented programming language
- Experience using Postman
- Experience with Test Automation of Web Applications using Selenium (Java)
- 2+ years of experience working with Load Testing tools such as JMeter
- Experience testing in a Continuous Integration (CI) environment using Jenkins or similar tools