Senior Cloud Engineer - Chameleon Technologies
Job #2536: Chameleon Technologies is searching for a Senior Cloud Engineer. The Senior Cloud Engineer is responsible for providing Business Intelligence and Analytical Insights, about specific projects or broad company activities that will assist management, its shareholders and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company’s current state as well as forecasting future events.
The Senior Cloud Engineer plays a key role for the Enterprise Analytics team and will be responsible for the design and development of Analytic reporting to support our Operations and other Business Units. Duties will include, requirements gathering, data validation, analysis execution and results reporting using data visualization tools. The position requires regular communication with our Business Customers to define requirements and present deliverables. The position will also be responsible for refreshing existing analysis on a regular basis and making improvements as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing and publishing regular Analytic Reports and Dashboards to diverse teams and business units
- Educating Analytic Users, assisting them on self-service data accessibility and supporting the Enterprise Datawarehouse in modelling and Advanced Analytics Projects
- Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical and advanced analytics techniques
- Developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases to build a repository of business-related information
- Developing smart frameworks and methodologies for approaching major strategic issues
- Finding innovative ways to leverage existing intellectual capital, and developing fresh and relevant concepts
- Identifying the analytics opportunity, presenting the insights that impact the bottom line and all steps in-between to the senior leaders of the organization
- Define, track and report KPIs to assess overall data quality
- Effectively communicate information to management by creating and summarizing data and preparing reports
- Create process flows, presentations and reports to document recommendations and deliver them to the business stakeholders.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
Daily Responsibilities Include
- Query and analyze large sets of data to draw conclusions and make recommendations to the business using statistical models and data mining techniques combined with business and operational knowledge.
- Conducting various analyses and providing thought leadership to identify new ideas that lead to improved efficiency and customer experience in our lines of business.
- Support the business with process mapping, identification of process improvements opportunities, feasibility studies, demand management efforts, and defect eliminations for the purposes of generating cost-savings and improving customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with Operations leaders and Project Managers to further develop existing ideas, prioritize them, and implement them.
- Develop cost-benefit analyses and prepare business presentations to share with leadership and gain buy-in.
- Development of data visualization and presentation methods for data analysis and interpretation, performance dashboards, and generating, managing and delivering presentations and reports capable of yielding insights and actionable results
- 7+ years of experience with detailed knowledge of BI data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools.
- 4+ years of work experience with large BI environments
- 4+ years of work experience in building self-serve BI solutions, canned reports and enterprise level BI solutions
- 4+ years of experience with data modeling in large Data warehousing, data lake environment
- 4+ years of experience with BI/visualization tools like AWS Quick Sight, Tableau/BO/OBIEE etc.
- 1+ years of data science experience with building regression, classification models
- Exposure to Big Data stack environments (EMR, Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive)
- Good analytical skills with excellent knowledge of SQL and advance SQL.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting.
- Experience building on AWS Quick Sight, Elastic Cache etc.
- Experience with statistical models and building predictive models from scratch
- Experience with building NLP and sentiment analysis
- Experience in using advanced data analytics tools to perform analysis and uncover the insights. For example, AWS Quick Sight, Power BI, Thought Spot etc.
- Working experience with database includes Microsoft SQL, Teradata, Oracle
- Knowledge on big data technology
- Master’s Degree in Analytics or Process Improvement or Computer Science related fields
- Industry Experience as Project/Sr. Cloud Engineer with a track records of pulling, manipulating, processing and developing meaningful insights from large datasets
- Coding proficiency in R or Python
- Understanding or experience with Data Mining and Machine Learning Algorithms
- Query performance tuning skills using SQL
- Experience with using Big Data Technology including Hadoop and Hive