Senior Database Software Engineer - Chameleon Technologies
Job #2562: Chameleon Technologies is searching for a Senior Database Software Engineer. The database development team is currently made up of a Development Manager and Senior Database Software Engineers. We are tasked with developing new features on our CRM product and consumer, public-facing websites. We are looking for an individual who is excited to bring their strong development skills onto this team, as well as help us keep up with the needs of our business and partners.
We value Transparency, Integrity, User Focus, Nerdy Passion, Collaboration, and Curious Creativity.
We’re looking for a motivated senior database engineer to help shape and drive the future of our web and mobile products.
You are a strong technical leader with great communication and collaboration skills. This is a great opportunity and environment for you if you love delivering your work to customers in short, high-feedback cycles, and love technology and learning. You will design, develop, and maintain large scale database applications and structures. You will recommend and implement database technologies and optimize the performance of databases. This position works closely with other teams to design and implement new products, features and enhancements; typically leading the charge on all things data-related. You not only have a strong technical skillset but can also recognize business needs and identify opportunities for optimization, reuse, cost reduction, and overall system efficiency.
You will bring to this role your extensive production experience in MS SQL Server in a commercial product environment. Additionally, you will bring experience with at least one other data platform. Ideally, one of the following but not required: ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, Apache Spark, Redis, MongoDB, Snowflake, Redshift, or similar. Your history of success designing and engineering large scale database architecture and schemas in support of commercial SAAS applications serving thousands of concurrent users will serve you well in this role. You will have solved complex technical problems, and are able to develop creative, efficient solutions in both collaborative and individual efforts.
- You like puzzles and love data. Going from an internal business customer need to a new technology to our platform is not always a straight path. You are energized by the idea of solving this puzzle and figuring out the best way to solve a problem by building on what our platform has to offer today. You can design creative solutions while considering technical and business needs, requirements and trade-offs but stay firmly rooted in decisions based on data.
- You prefer to chart a course rather than be micromanaged. You will be an expert in our platform’s technologies. We trust our experts and expect you to help determine the best course of action. You are a self-starter that is as comfortable working with your team as you are working solo in times of deep thought.
- Show and tell was your favorite school subject. As cool as technology and our solutions are, we really want to make sure that others can and will use them. You love talking at length about the solutions you help bring to life and are driven by helping others in the organization succeed.
- You’re invigorated by your team. We want to create a team where members are free to take interpersonal risks, challenge each other’s assumptions, and help each other succeed. It’s not just about having “mandatory fun” at happy hours, it’s about wanting the best for each other.
Things You Might Do:
With one of our team’s Core Values being Integrity, and with program management being a cross-functional role working with many teams and stakeholders, we have structured our responsibilities around honoring the commitments we have made: essentially, what we owe to others.
On day one we’ll expect you to…
- Get to know the team
- Communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Learn our internal systems, tools, and processes
- Ask lots of questions!
At 3 months we’ll expect you to…
- Have figured out our database topology and schemas, stored procedure code base, technology stack, systems, and processes
- Been actively involved in a number of development initiatives – designing, coding and shipping great features
- Actively collaborated on projects with all of the engineering teams and have built great rapport and relationships
At 12 months we’ll expect you to…
- Be a daily contributor towards ongoing development initiatives, releases, and projects
- Have deep knowledge of our code base and technologies
- Ability to mentor more junior developers
- Easily collaborate with and work with the entire team
Added bonuses if you have…
- Interesting hobbies
- A love of Star Trek or Star Wars is recommended but not required!
- 8+ years of experience with proven track record of delivering high quality, scalable commercial SAAS software using SQL and MS SQL Server
- Expert in SQL Server database design and development from stored procedures to data modeling
- Experience working with high-availability data architectures including data warehousing, partitioning, clustering, mirroring
- Design and architect data warehouses according to requirements from the business by using tools such as Integration Services, Analysis Services, Reporting Services and OLAP
- Must be a top-notch problem solver with a track record of working in a creative, agile team environment
- Strong collaborator with great written and verbal communication skills; Must have the ability to make and influence decisions, and drive open discussions to closure
- Must be highly motivated with a strong passion for and commitment to software quality
- Love technology and learning
- BSCS, BSEE, or BS in related field or related experience on a year-for-year basis
- The ability to support a remote work from home situation.
The company’s office is located in Bellevue, WA. This position is open to local and remote candidates.
- Work Life Balance:
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) for vacation/sick time
- Employee recognition program with quarterly awards
- Employee referral program
- Tuition reimbursement program for job-related college courses and professional training
- Company-provided refreshments at our headquarters
- Annual company party
- Medical, Dental and Vision – starting on Day 1!
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability
- Company-paid life insurance and AD&D coverage
- Wellbeing program, so you can earn additional $ toward medical expenses.
- 401K retirement savings plan with company match
- Eligible for yearly Profit Sharing Bonus
- Employee stock ownership program