Senior IT Project Manager - Chameleon Technologies
Job #2532: Chameleon Technologies is searching for a Senior IT Project Manager. You will lead multiple medium and large-scale technology projects and is an expert at leading in a matrixed environment. In this role you are responsible for the successful delivery of technology projects to enable business value. You will lead planning, execution, and operational handoff of technology projects ensuring quality control throughout the project lifecycles. Developing strong business and technology partnerships is a critical component of this role in order to solve problems, manage dependencies and evaluate trade-offs to deliver successfully. As a Senior Project Manager, you will lead and mentor junior staff and develop tools and best practices to continuously evolve our project management execution processes.
The successful candidate understands the big picture and is a team builder who successfully influences through leadership and motivation. You are an expert communicator who can also listen deeply.
Our client relies on waterfall planning and reporting methods, and waterfall, agile, or a blended approach to project execution.
- Responsible for the planning, execution, and operational handoff of technology projects ensuring quality control throughout the project lifecycles and successful delivery of project outcomes.
- Partner with the project sponsor to define and present the project business case for Project Portfolio approval, including high level plan, success metrics, and resourcing plan.
- Work with the project sponsor and stakeholders to create the project charter, including outlining objectives, scope, schedule, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing.
- Lead project steering committee meetings. Review Project Charters/Business Cases and supporting Cost Benefit documentation and make recommendations.
- Develop effective relationships with business partners, project stakeholders, and project team members.
- Facilitate the creation of a work breakdown structure and effort estimates, including identification of dependencies, resources, and risks to establish the overall project schedule and budget.
- Identify appropriate project team meeting cadence including organizing and leading project kick off, project status, and project steering committee meetings.
- Clearly communicate expectations and provide regular and ongoing project updates to the team, stakeholders, project sponsors, etc.
- Proactively lead risk and issue management, providing risk mitigation and issues resolution throughout the project life cycle
- Effectively manage project scope and ensure project change requests are socialized through formal processes.
- Determine if external consultants or contractors will be required to complete the project. As required, work with project sponsor to recruit and manage external resources.
- Track, manage, and report on project budget and milestones and provide status reports to project stakeholders.
- Responsible for project close activities including production handoff to business owners, production support turnover, lessons learned, and a post-project evaluation to determine how results were achieved and lessons learned.
- Lead, coach and motivate project team members and other project managers.
- Champion of learning, process improvement, and project management within the company.
- Utilize waterfall planning and reporting methods to plan and execute the project work.
- Identify and develop tools and best practices for project management and execution and continuously evolve our processes.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business or related field or equivalent experience.
- PMI or Agile certification or equivalent hands on experience is required.
- Minimum of 7+ years' experience leading IT projects
- Strong experience with managing ERP projects for a retailer
- Experience completing project work in multiple business functions within a retail/supply chain organization.
- Familiarity with project management standards (PMBOK) and project management software.
- Ability to lead multiple projects using a variety of project management methodologies.
- Acts with personal equity in the successful deliver of projects
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to manage project team members and project managers in a matrixed environment.
- Experience successfully working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all the pieces fit together and affect one another.
- Unwavering demonstration of company values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active.