Senior Software Development Engineer - Chameleon Technologies
Job #2592: Chameleon Technologies is searching for a Senior Software Development Engineer for a position in Seattle, WA. You will be responsible for building and supporting updates and improvements to existing software solutions. Support a growing number of new initiatives, builds, and develops custom tools, data integrations, and reporting efforts throughout the business.
- Design and develop new applications and features.
- Collect requirements for new features from non-technical users and implement them accordingly.
- Identify and correct application bugs quickly.
- Document code and support procedures thoroughly.
- Train end users on new applications/features.
- Work closely with analysts to develop new features.
- Perform ad hoc queries and analysis in troubleshoot and support front office.
- Collect relevant, publicly available data using various applications.
- Work closely with Development and IT team with user administration and general troubleshooting.
- Maintain existing software applications.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, business, or a related field required. Experience may be considered in lieu of formal education in lieu of formal education. Professional certification a plus.
- 7+ years’ experience working in a development role required.
- Experience in enterprise software and database design, architecture, development, and support with the majority using Microsoft development technologies.
- Strongly prefer candidates with a working knowledge of cloud platforms and continuous integration.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Possess exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Mesh well with existing teams and existing code base while contributing ideas for improvements and enhancements.
- Maintain a strong relationship/trust with front office staff.
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Completes work assignments thoroughly and completely in an accurate, and prompt. Identifies and corrects errors. Is careful, alert, and accurate, paying attention to details of the job.
- Make decisions and take actions that contribute to exceptional experiences.
- Share and express thoughts in a clear and effective manner through verbal and written communication skills. Exhibit effective listening skills and builds positive relationships with all team members, vendors, and guests.
- Take personal responsibility for getting things done in a way that positively and professionally represents the organization.
- Understand and support the team. Others view most interactions as being positive with a willingness to achieve common goals. Effective in working with others to cooperatively solve problems. Workplace behavior is consistently respectful of others.
- Approach change positively and lead others through the change process with a focus on the positive outcomes for the business.
- Handle sensitive and/or confidential information professionally, involving only those who need to be involved or informed.
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines.