Software Developer - Data Management - Chameleon Technologies
Job #2521: Chameleon Technologies is seeking a Software Developer for a global company in the pursuit of helping people, cities, and businesses use data and insights to understand the world around them, making mobility smarter, safer, and more efficient. The Data Management team processes and computes billions of data elements every day and the amount and variety are constantly growing. If you like building systems where you can show off your skills in handling huge workloads and grow as the company grows then this position is for you.
Data is at the heart of what our client delivers and they have a small agile and focused team dedicated to ingesting, transforming, and managing data for the company. We are looking for a bright, energetic person to join this team to continue to improve the processing of GPS data and expand the types of data which span various types of mobility information. Learn and/or flex your skills in cloud computing and storage. Help the company grow in new and exciting products that help consumers and businesses alike.
- Software Engineers with 4+ years of experience in production level software development, architecture and design.
- A team player. Bootstrap along with team members and then start leading efforts on your own as your knowledge of the system and domain grows. People that keep up with technology and love to make things better because that’s the right thing to do, not because they’re told.
- Innovative energy. We’re a small company with a broad reach. Don’t be a cog in the machine, get exposed to problems other teams solve, talk with bus dev, customer support, and understand the intricacies and variabilities of the real world. Got ideas? We want to hear them.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn about dealing with big data. Our systems deal with data ingestion, data processing/ETL, data partitioning, data storage and data management and how to visualize and present information about it. Knowledge with AWS services like Kinesis, RDS, Elasticache, S3, Athena, Data pipeline, Glue, Lambda, EMR, Spark, EC2, ECS, Cloudwatch, and other AWS technologies will be a plus.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, or related discipline.