Sr. High Power RF Engineer - Chameleon Technologies
Job #2508: Chameleon Technologies is currently seeking a full-time Senior Electrical Engineer to complement our Electrical Engineering team to develop novel electronic circuits and systems for our application specific molecular gas lasers. The new Senior EE will work on designing a diverse range of analog and power electronics circuits including RF amplifiers, filters, power supplies, etc. and will collaborate with other engineers to improve the existing designs. This position is in Everett, WA.
- Work as part of a small, dedicated engineering team to design prototypes and products for application-specific RF and analog circuits and systems
- Typical design project involves requirements definition, circuit simulation, schematic capture, PCB layout, testing in the lab, troubleshooting, optimization as needed, and documentation.
- Support sustaining activities of existing products including minor design changes, dealing with obsolescence issues, improving yield and manufacturability, etc.
- Participate in all concepts, preliminary, and critical design reviews.
- Write test reports & procedures for prototype, first article, and V&V.
- Support production by designing test fixtures, test-automation, and writing test procedures.
- M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering with minimum 3 years of experience or B.Sc. with more than 5 years of experience.
- Experience in simulating, designing, and testing discrete linear/nonlinear analog and RF circuits with an emphasis on power amplifiers. Synthesizer, PLL, power-oscillator, mixer, and switching power supply design experiences are a plus.
- Experience with EDA tools for PCB layout (e.g., Altium)
- Experience with RF simulation software (e.g., ADS)
- Excellent competency with lab test equipment including signal generator, network & spectrum analyzers, power meter, oscilloscope, etc.
- Familiarity with good design practices and design for manufacturing (DFM) concepts.
Other desired skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to perform in a fast-pace and multidisciplinary product development environment.
- Provide engineering and technical support to operations for all products released for manufacturing:
- Quality issues.
- Component issues; end-of-life, quality, shortages, long lead times, etc.
- Risk mitigation; testing & validation for alternate component sourcing, procedure experiments, etc.
- Document new designs by entering BOM and design data into our configuration management system (Agile).
- Documentation: assembly drawings, fabrication drawings, Golden-sample schematics, etc.
- Promote scientific rigor and individual skills advancement within the company’s technical team.