Sr. Systems Administrator Cloud Hybrid - Chameleon Technologies
Job #2591: Chameleon Technologies is searching for a Senior Systems Administrator, Cloud for a position in Seattle, WA.
Primary Objective: Responsible for providing high level of support services to all staff and departments. Will serve as point person for network and server infrastructure and actively participate in general help desk response and other IT projects. Share support work during the season working at baseball games and other major events as required.
- Support the greater footprint beyond the ballpark of 365-day operation of outside Team Stores, the Peoria Sports Complex, Dominican training academy, teams on the road, and other national and international staff.
- Assume primary responsibility for securing all aspects of Information Technology including user accounts, wired and wireless endpoint devices, servers, network devices, and data repositories.
- Provide IT Manager on Duty coverage, both on site and remote on call, on a rotating shared basis to cover defined hours of operation which will include events and games.
- Work with Major League Baseball to implement components of the Information Security Initiative.
- Virtualization and Cloud design, configuration, deployment, and management.
- Monitor all data and telecom systems for proper performance and potential security issues.
- Analyze potential security issues and engage outside support as required.
- Work with the other IT managers and technicians on the administration of network and email systems including maintenance of user accounts.
- Assume lead role in systems projects as required.
- Monitor and respond to Help Desk requests.
- Monitor and respond to all infrastructure, server and network incidents, and health.
- Daily monitoring and management of AD, O365 Administration, network services, and server resources.
- Daily monitoring and management of images, backups, security and front office applications.
- Desktop/Laptop deployment, management, and repair.
- Server/Network deployment, management, and repair.
- Operate and maintain cloud and virtual environments for storage and VMs.
- Operate and secure essential networking systems, such as routers and firewalls.
- Deployment of key new infrastructure and end-user products for both daily employee use and security.
- Utilize available tools and technology to provide high level of availability of all systems.
- Liaison with Events department to facilitate internal/guest technical and internet needs for game/non-game events, including Fan Fest, expos, concerts, conferences, etc.
- Oversee concessions/premium area point-of-sale and digital menu board operations.
- Support game day and other major events by being onsite during event or being on-call when offsite.
- Coordinate with vendors and contractors to implement, repair, and maintain all projects, systems, and critical infrastructure as needed.
- Maintain documentation for all systems.
- Seek opportunities to implement new ideas or technology to further the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
- Have reasonable availability during off-hours to help support 24/7/365 operation of staff and teams.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field required. Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Minimum five (5) years’ work experience, three (3) in lead or high-level technical capacity.
- Desired but not required:
- Experience in the event industry in stadium/arena/convention center, etc.
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ or Cisco CCNA, Microsoft MCSA in Windows Desktop and/or Server.
- Operating Systems: Windows 7 & 10, Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016, MacOS
- Windows Server Roles/Features: Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, VMWare/Hyper-V, File Shares, Quotas, Group Policy, Cluster Management, iSCSI, MPIO, IIS, FTP, SNMP
- Hardware: HP Servers, Nimble Storage, Synology NAS, white box Windows pc’s, Lenovo laptops, Mitel phones, HP Printers,
- Software: Exchange, Skype for Business, Microsoft Office, SQL, OneDrive, 1Password
- Networking: Cisco Switches, Routers, Wireless, Meraki; SD-WAN; WatchGuard; Pa
- Management/Monitoring: System Center Virtual Machine Manager, System Center Configuration Manager
- Cloud Services: Office 365, Microsoft ADFS, Okta, DirSync, Azure, AWS.
- Monitoring/Security: PRTG, Cisco Umbrella, Carbon Black, Darktrace, Sumo Logic, Airwatch, Attivo, Versive, Proofpoint, Netskope, Xpell
- Previous experience with ITSM platforms like ServiceNow/Freshworks etc. a plus
Cloud platforms like Azure, O365, AWS, Google, and Oracle Cloud
- Experience supporting enterprise level projects and supporting all phases of SDLC, implementations, instance management, testing and post-go-live support
- Experience leading and managing hardware and software asset review and vendor management
- Firewall implementation and management
- Experience supporting and implementing Security Best Practices
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Understand fundamental operation of computers in order to identify broken components.
- Proficient using enterprise systems tools to track and troubleshoot issues.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to executives and all other levels of end users in both oral and written form.
- Ability to identify, research, and test new systems for possible deployment within the company to address a business need or improve a process.
- High level troubleshooting with quick resolution
- Ability to design and document high level architecture using Visio or equivalent tools
- Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Completes work assignments thoroughly and completely in an accurate, and prompt. Identifies and corrects errors. Is careful, alert and accurate, paying attention to details of the job.
- Demonstrates through their actions and interactions with others a commitment to Mariner Purpose, Mission and Values.
- Makes decisions and takes actions that contribute to exceptional experiences for guests.
- Shares and expresses thoughts in a clear and effective manner through verbal and written communication skills. Exhibits effective listening skills and builds positive relationships with all team members, vendors, and guests. Is diplomatic, tactful and professional in all forms of communication.
- Takes personal responsibility for getting things done in a way that positively and professionally represents the organization.
- Understands and supports the team and is quick to volunteer to assist others. Others view most interactions as being positive with a willingness to achieve common goals. Effective in working with others to cooperatively solve problems. Workplace behavior is consistently respectful of others