Tier 1 Help Desk Specialist - Chameleon Technologies
We are looking for a Tier 1 Technician to join our client's growing team! We are looking for a positive, friendly, enthusiastic, support specialist to work with customers and colleagues. They will serve as an initial point of contact for customers who require technical assistance. They will provide support for incoming issues related to computer software and hardware.
We are looking for someone who is an amazing customer service representative who wants to learn and grow their technology skills!
This job includes working remote and going to client sites. Please make sure you are able to drive to client sites in the Greater Puget Sound Area.
Essential day to day functions:
- Provide first contact support for all incoming client requests from a diverse user base
- Assist with tasks and projects on-site as needed
- Escalate issues to Tier 2 staff clearly, supporting the customer during any hand-offs
- Clearly and effectively communicate with clients and peers of all technical levels
- Navigate documentation, ticketing, and time tracking software with minimal supervision
- Consistently provides excellent customer service to client staff, using active listening and effective communication skills.
- Respond to IT incidents and requests via phone, ticketing system, and self-service portal.
- Document all troubleshooting, resolution and escalation steps in the IT ticketing system.
- Create and update help desk documentation, as appropriate.
- Responsible for the ongoing support of Windows PCs, mobile (iOS and Android), printers and other devices as required.
Background includes experience working with:
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Microsoft Office Suite – 2016/Office 365.
- Microsoft 365 Support (Intune/Exchange/Teams/SharePoint/etc)
- Use of tools such as IT Ticketing Systems, Active Directory, Remote Management Tools, and Group Policy.
- Experience supporting Windows PCs, mobile devices (iOS and Android), and printers.
- macOS support experience a plus.
- An understanding of computer networks (LAN, WAN, and computer networking).
- Foundational network troubleshooting and basic administration.
- The ability to create and update documentation (SharePoint experience is a bonus).
- Current Washington State Driver's license and proof of insurability.
- 1-2 years of experience in an Information Technology environment.
- 2+ years in a Customer Service environment, preferably at a computing Help Desk.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree, or professional technical training preferred.
- Ability to work during Help Desk operating hours M-F, 8am – 6pm.
- Ability to travel to on-site locations as needed.
- Background check required.
- Candidates will be expected to attain a current Microsoft 365 certification within 6 months of hire.
Benefits Include – Health, dental, and vision insurance as well as paid leave.