Job #2730: Chameleon Technologies is searching for a Cloud Engineer for a fully remote contract role. Our client develops AI-based network automation software, delivered via an open platform, enabling Telcos to embrace web scale operational models as they move to 5G and Edge Cloud
- Collaborate as a value-adding member of a team responsible for leading the integration, implementation, testing, and operational transition support of the virtualized network functions and underlying infrastructure.
- Maintain an accurate picture of existing server, storage, networking software, and hardware and virtual environments to support scaling against various project requirements.
- Create, use, and recommend automation tools that would allow simplifying the operations of the environment being built and maintained.
- Analyze logs, traffic trace, configuration data, automation tools to troubleshoot.
- Maintain high standards for network reliability and stability while deploying new services or implementing changes.
- Drive the need to design, test, and deploy quickly and efficiently.
- Able to learn new technologies as needed and open to changing technological direction as required by the team to lead new projects and initiatives.
What success looks like…
- Completing the deployment of network functions deployment as virtual machines running on hypervisors.
- Evangelize the concept of continual process improvement relating to virtualization.
- Creating meaningful customer relationships that lead to more engagements.
The values we share…
- DREAM BEYOND. Forward-Thinking, Creative, Boldly Imaginative.
- Be AUTHENTIC. Transparent, Genuine, Self-Confident.
- DEBATE ANYONE. Fearlessly Vocal, Intellectually Stimulating, Thoughtfully Contrarian.
- BE-UNSTOPPABLE. Resilient, Relentlessly Driven, Persistent.
- CARE to CREATE WISDOM. Non-judgmental, Thoughtful, Empowering.
The skills and experience that will help you succeed…
- Strong experience in virtualization and/or cloud infrastructure environments.
- Knowledge and experience in large-scale hypervisor environments (VMware, KVM)
- 2+ years of strong experience with container technologies Docker and Kubernetes.
- 2+ years of strong experience with OpenStack and services (Nova, Keystone, Horizon, etc.) in large environments.
- 2+ years of strong experience with Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu) administration, configuration, patching and upgrading.
- 2+ years of experience with scripting/automation (Bash, Python, Ansible, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with storage technologies such as Ceph, SAN and NAS.
- Knowledge and experience with networking protocols and technologies such as SRIOV.
- Experience and knowledge with Contrail, Neutron and Calico.
- Strong experience with integration, configuration and support of virtual infrastructure layers (compute, networking and storage).
- Experience with Foreman, Nagios and Kabana.
- Experience in migration (and retrofitting) applications and/or operating systems from physical (bare metal) to virtual environments including application profiling and virtual hardware dimensioning.
- Knowledge and experience with Public Clouds (e.g. Azure, GCP, AWS, OCI) a plus.
- Must have strong troubleshooting and documentation skills.
- Must be a strong team player, engaging and effective communicator.
- Experience with packet core, networking, and OSS desirable.
- Certifications in above technologies (Azure, OpenStack, K8s, etc.) preferable.