Chameleon Technologies is searching for a Mobile Network Architect for a hybrid contract role. Will consider as an FTE hire for the right candidate. This person can reside in either Seattle, Philadelphia or Dallas. As a Mobile Core Architect with Nokia experience and expertise in AMF (Access and Mobility Function), you will play a pivotal role in designing, optimizing, and maintaining mobile core network solutions. Your primary responsibilities will include architecting scalable and efficient core network infrastructure, ensuring network performance, and leveraging your experience with Nokia equipment and AMF functionalities. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, network engineers, and stakeholders to deliver robust and cutting-edge mobile core solutions.
1. Mobile Core Network Architecture:
- Design, develop, and maintain end-to-end mobile core network architecture, considering scalability, reliability, and performance requirements.
- Utilize your expertise in Nokia’s core network products and solutions to architect optimal network configurations.
2. AMF Expertise:
- Leverage your in-depth knowledge of AMF (Access and Mobility Function) to optimize mobility management, UE (User Equipment) registration, and session management.
- Implement AMF-related features and functionalities to enhance network performance and reliability.
3. Network Optimization:
- Continuously monitor and analyze network performance, identifying areas for improvement.
- Develop and implement optimization strategies to enhance network efficiency and reduce latency.
4. Cross-Functional Collaboration:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including RAN (Radio Access Network) engineers, RF (Radio Frequency) specialists, and network operations, to ensure seamless end-to-end network integration.
5. Vendor Interaction:
- Act as a liaison with Nokia or other vendors to stay updated on the latest technology advancements and product releases.
- Evaluate and recommend vendor-specific solutions to meet network requirements.
6. Security and Compliance:
- Ensure that mobile core network architecture adheres to security best practices and compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Implement security measures to protect the network from potential threats.
7. Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of network configurations, architecture, and performance metrics.
- Prepare reports and presentations for internal and external stakeholders.
8. Troubleshooting and Support:
- Provide expert-level support for network-related issues, including incident management and problem resolution.
- Collaborate with technical teams to troubleshoot and resolve complex network problems.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Proven experience in mobile core network architecture and design, with a focus on Nokia equipment.
- Expertise in AMF (Access and Mobility Function) functionalities and optimization.
- Strong knowledge of 4G and 5G core network technologies and protocols.
- Familiarity with network security best practices and compliance requirements.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex network issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for effective collaboration.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., Nokia Network Certification) are a plus.
• Hands-on experience with Kubernetes
• Understanding of AMF architecture design and creation
• Understanding of the process of RAN to AMF integration
• Experience with Nokia core 4G and 5G
This Mobile Core Architect role with Nokia and AMF expertise is critical for ensuring the efficient operation and performance of mobile core networks. Your contributions will directly impact network reliability, speed, and user experience, making you an essential part of the telecommunications industry.
The hourly pay rate range for this position is $48-$52.