Chameleon Technologies is searching for a Software Developer for a contract role in Middletown, NJ. The software developer will work as part of a DevOps team to design, build and unit test web-based applications primarily on the backend, for a collection of internal software systems. These systems automate the process of capturing our mobility services design, and network design to aid in the deployment and configuration of the network functions that are part of each service definition.
The day-to-day duties would include:
- Work with the requirements engineers and design and implement the backend web application components.
- Document designs and review with the rest of the teams.
- Design, build and test APIs for use by other components of the application, and other applications.
- Test code for defects before submitting the code.
- Conduct peer reviews.
- Conduct test cases reviews for application features.
- Work with the test team in case defects are identified during testing.
- Guide the test team building automation tools for test automation.
- Participate in deployment decisions.
- Support user community of application
- Participate in design discussions/scrum meetings.
Critical skills needed (in priority order) – do not apply if not meeting these:
- Expert knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Excellent software design skills
- 7+ years of experience in leading development teams in building web applications using Python and Flask:
- Expert knowledge of Application routing
- Expert knowledge of Backend web programming
- Expert knowledge of JSON and YAML
- Must have worked with Git, Jira, and other development management environments all their developer career.
- Thorough understanding of the software development principles is essential.
- Linux experience is essential
- Excellent troubleshooting and code reading skills are essential.
Highly desired skills needed (in priority order):
- Relational database experience
- A basic understanding of networking and network routing concepts is essential. A very good understanding of networking concepts (IP addressing, routing, etc.) is highly desirable.
Preferred Work Location: Middletown NJ
- The candidates MUST provide three tricky programming problems and the code they wrote to solve them.